3.03.2017

Books I'm Currently Reading!

Books I'm Reading: The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George, A Song of Ice and Fire Series: Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Hi folks! Here's an update on a couple of books I started in February and have made a bit of a dent in since then. These are pretty much the only things beside me in my bed. 😁


The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George

This story is known as a 'love letter to books,' and is centrally themed around a lost lover, Jean Perdu, who is known as a literature apothecary and who also owns a floating bookstore on the Seine. He works as a kind of book prescription service where he recommends books to people upon getting to know them a bit, where upon reading the books basically seeks to assuage or diminish any grief they might be going through or anything that's missing in their lives. It's not about prescribing self-help books, either, which is what I originally thought it would be about. I was glad to see that it was not like that at all!

Perdu strikes me as the kind of person who may need to take to his own services at some point, in my opinion, as he lost a married lover named Manon a couple decades ago and is still getting over her, but he seems to do just fine with making it his philosophy of mending other people's broken hearts with the power of what stories can bring over mending his own. I'm about half-way through this at the moment, and it's truly a spectacular read so far!

A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

Ah, yes. This will take some commitment. I have not seen the HBO series yet, I had been wanting to start reading the series for a while, and I'm a person who always like to read before I watch. Same with Harry Potter and other series. I must say, at currently 135 pages in, I'm hooked. Martin has crafted a fascinating world, and I was immersed at ten pages in. I don't know what has taken me so long to start A Song of Ice and Fire, but at least I have now!

Let me know! What books are you currently reading? Any recommendations? How are you liking it? Keep the comments coming!

Join Me on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10