3.20.2017

Blue & Brown Colorful Smokey Eye + Purple Lips

Blue & Brown Colorful Smokey Eye + Purple Lips
     Hello beauties! Let's call this look Sunday's experimentation! I wore this when I went out with friends in the evening, and I must say I felt so comfortable wearing these brighter tones! Could it be a sign that brights are one of the paths less traveled for me that should in fact be traveled more often? Who knows! I swear, every time I watch a Kat Von D video, I'm always inspired to get my makeup out, experiment with colors, and go crazy. The lady and her artistry is a force to be reckoned with, and all the same, I own absolutely nothing from her brand (only heaven knows why). This look actually isn't inspired from any of the looks I've seen - I just winged it and hoped for the best. 😊This is quite a statement look that's perfect for parties and nights out!

This look is comprised of a blue brown duochrome pigment on the lid, some warm and cool mattes in the crease, and a matte azure blue and a dazzling icy green pigment peeking out from beneath. I finished with a creamy glow to the skin, and a matte smokey purple lip. This will include a full list of products used, and at the very end of the post will be a step-by-step on how I achieved the eye makeup!


Blue & Brown Colorful Smokey Eye + Purple Lips

Blue & Brown Colorful Smokey Eye + Purple Lips
Blue & Brown Colorful Smokey Eye + Purple Lips

Products Used


Skin

Foundation: Lancome Teint Miracle in 'Buff 4C' mixed with just a drop of NYX White Pro Foundation Mixer
Undereye Concealers: Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Corrector in '02' (not pictured) and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in 'Brightening'

Glow & Contour

Blue & Brown Colorful Smokey Eye + Purple Lips
Cream Highlight: Urban Decay Urbanglow Cream Highlight in 'Moonshine' (discontinued)
Powder Contour: Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette in 'Dulce de Leche'

Eyes

W7 Neon Nights, Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte
MAC Blue Brown Pigment
Primer: Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Eyeshadow Primer
Liquid Liner: Hard Candy Stroke of Gorgeous in 'Little Black Dress'
Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express in 'Black'
Eyeshadows: 
♦ Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette
♦ W7 Neon Nights Eyeshadow Palette
♦ MAC 'Blue Brown' Crushed Metallic Pigment
♦ Makeup Revolution Strobe Highlighter in 'Holographic Lights' (not pictured)
Brows: NYX Eyebrow Powder Pencil in 'Taupe'

Lips

NYX Up The Bass Matte Lipstick
NYX Up The Bass Matte Lipstick
Lipstick: NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Up the Bass'

Eye Makeup How-To

Step 1: After primer, blend a light matte cool-toned brown into the crease and slightly above; also blend into the inner crease, followed by a slightly deeper cool matte brown layered above in the outer and inner crease for more definition. (Product Used: Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette cool browns on the top right of the palette)
Step 2: Blend a deeper matte chocolate brown into the outer crease with a smaller crease brush. (Product Used: Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte, warm deep brown on bottom right of the palette)
Step 3: Pack and pat a blue-brown duochrome pigment onto the center of the mobile lid (Product Used: MAC Blue Brown Crushed Metallic Pigment)
Step 4: With a stiff angled brow/liner brush or smudger brush, apply a mid-toned bright azure blue onto the lower lashline (Product Used: W7 Neon Nights Palette, bright blue, third shade from the left - I didn't even have to apply this with a damp brush, it's an excellent, smooth formulation and applies quite pigmented when dry!)
Step 5: Inner corner highlight, baby! (Product Used: Makeup Revolution Strobe Face Highlighter in 'Holographic Lights' - ❤❤)
Step 6: Eyeliner and mascara, and finished!
Matte Shadows Used L-R: W7 Neon Nights bright azure blue, Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Shades in Chrome, Stone, and Earth (according to the shade names on the plastic palette insert)

Oh my - I think I may have found a new favorite with this W7 palette! Blows other higher end brights out of the water! 
What's your favorite way to wear a smokey eye? Do you incorporate bright colors or no? Thanks for taking your time to check out my blog! Take care! 


💋 xoxo-Cailee

* Products in This Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10