3.22.2017

Diaries of a Demure Vixen | Essie NOTW

Essie Demure Vixen
Essie Demure Vixen
Essie Demure Vixen
     Surprised as I may be that I have not yet featured Essie's Demure Vixen polish (one of my all-time favorite colors to wear on my nails) on my blog yet, I just have to remind myself that yes, my schedule for blogging used to be non-existent lol. Ahem, not to mention that my nails are never really in good form. But I digress! This lovely medley of mauve and taupe has a lilac/violet iridescence to it that is stunning, and leads one to think that it's no wonder that Demure Vixen is a best-seller in the brand. This has been on my nails the past few days, and is a shade that is neutral enough that I can wear for an extended period of time without feeling like I have to change it up, because the opalescence keeps me interested. So, as it stands, it's looking like this will be my Nail of the Week (NOTW)!

This polish has been with me for the last three years, and I have yet to finish my bottle - say what? It's currently one-third of the way through the bottle, and I'm surprised I haven't used more of it, because this is a definite 3-coater. The formula's thin, and the flash of shimmer is fairly subtle (the more coats you apply, the more apparent the violet shimmer is), but it's such an interesting neutral shade that I've found myself always willing to work with, because the results are just too incredibly stunning! It takes a while to dry (it stays a bit gummy for upwards of ten minutes), so I use my Out the Door Topcoat, and it sets immediately and I never get chips or the need to touch up until after 1 week.
Essie Demure Vixen
Essie Demure Vixen
Essie Demure Vixen

As far as polishes, do you prefer neutrals, vamps, or brights? I'm also looking into starting nail art, but my nails are such nubbins, I always render it pointless! Any tips? 


💋xoxo-Cailee

* Product in This Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10