3.09.2017

Queen Of My Heart | Limited Edition Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Highlighters!

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powders
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Highlighting Powders in 'Lilac to Reality' and 'The Sweetest Bling'
     Hello there!  A couple nights ago, whilst teetering precariously in the makeup aisle on the edge of a possible limited edition impulse purchase, trying to decide between what to get (and what not to get - story of a makeup enthusiast's life, right?), I found myself, once again, standing and gawking at the new Wet 'n' Wild line-up of kitschy adorable heart-shaped products for their limited edition Queen Of My Heart Collection. Upon gawking, I remembered what I had said in one of my last videos on my channel: how I had been rather intrigued by these cute little powder highlights! Well, originally it was just the lilac highlighter that peaked my interest, but upon second glance at the pink one, I had an inkling that both were coming home with me!
Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powders
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Glo Highlighting Powders
Left: 'Lilac to Reality' | Right: 'The Sweetest Bling'

Since this collection is becoming increasingly difficult to find, (as these gorgeous dual-toned highlighters in particular are selling out akin to freakin' hotcakes at the moment), this will just be an overview and first impression post, and not a review, as I haven't had the time to wear either of these more than once since purchasing.

Wet 'n' Wild released two shades that are very on-trend with these Mega Glo Highlighting Powders in 'Lilac to Reality' (frosted lilac with a duochrome shift) and 'The Sweetest Bling' (metallic rose gold). Well lovelies, get ready for some swatches!

Lilac To Reality

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powder in 'Lilac to Reality'
Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powder in 'Lilac to Reality' Swatch
Lilac To Reality | Outer portion and inner heart portion are swatched individually
'Lilac to Reality' is a stunning frosted lilac with a violet shift and a solidly pigmented metallic light silver heart in the center, so you could really customize the look, if you wish. I personally don't see myself using the silver heart in the compact by itself. I'll always mix the two shades. If I don't wear the color on my eyes, I probably won't wear it on my cheeks in all its silver glory. 

This is the only duochrome of the two that Wet 'n' Wild released in this collection, and it definitely takes on the same veining of this duochromatic trend that brands like Anastasia, NYX, and Makeup Revolution have set the stage of, with all of their recent releases. The only other purple highlight in my collection is the one in the NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette, and this one from Wet 'n Wild has much more dimension and complexity to the shade and has more reflective properties with some noticeable sparkle in it. It bounces off the skin more prominently, and the purple tones are more apparent in this one than with NYX, which is subtler and holds more true as to what an illuminator would be.

The texture of this powder is a bit dry and stiff, and it's firmly pressed into the compact, but in the one time I wore this, I didn't have any trouble picking the product up with a brush, nor did I experience any trace of product cloud, (which can be a downside of a texture of a powder that's otherwise too smooth and loosely packed), nor did I get any fallout with it. So far, I surprisingly really like it! Wet 'n' Wild has made a very nice contribution to the world of duochrome face products! 

The Sweetest Bling

Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powder in 'The Sweetest Bling'
Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powder in 'The Sweetest Bling' Swatch
The Sweetest Bling | Outer portion and inner heart portion are swatched individually
'The Sweetest Bling' is a metallic rose gold that fair skintones will love! The coppery tones are nonexistent in this, which makes it very wearable compared to other rose gold highlighting products I've tried! It's not too warm, but it reads just enough pink on the skin to be perfect as a blush topper or a cheekbone highlight! The center heart in the compact is a pale metallic golden beige that has the faintest trace of a pink shift (the heart almost looks duochrome when swatched, though not nearly as apparent of a shift as the purple one). There is nothing subtle about this one either! 'Tis pretty darn reflective, and I'm happy to report that it does not have glitter particles in it!

This one has a slightly smoother texture than the purple one, and still sans the powder cloud or fallout. Although it's gorgeous, I find this one to be easily dupable.

Final Thoughts

Well, lovelies! I do think these are worth checking out, if you like rather intense highlighting products! However, if you prefer more of a subtle, refined and softer look, I would honestly pass on these, as they are pretty metallic and frosty from the onset. I do believe the hype surrounding Lilac to Reality is very well deserved! I'm shocked to admit it, but I'm also shocked at how good it looked when applied! The Sweetest Bling, on the other hand, isn't one that I think is really worth hunting out, although it is gorgeous, albeit a very dupable color.

Don't forget that you can find these on the Wet 'n' Wild website, although they have their marketing on point and only have these available in a bundle with all the other products in this limited edition collection, priced at $30. You can find it here. Hopefully they decide to make the individual products available for online purchase very soon. At the time, these highlighters alone are retailed at $4.99 each in stores.

Here's a look at the ingredients. I compared both shades, and the ingredients are the exact same for both.
Wet n Wild Limited Edition Queen of My Heart Mega Glo Highlighting Powder Ingredients

Have you been able to get your hands on these yet? What do you think? Have a beautiful day, everyone! 

💋xoxo-Cailee

2 comments:

  1. I love wet n wild products, but there's no shop where I can buy them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww no, Tia! So none of your drugstores carry the brand? Sorry to hear it! Hope you can find them somewhere, love! :) :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10