2.27.2017

Drugstore 1st Impression and Swatches | Hard Candy Top Ten Satin Eyeshadow Palette in 'Rich & Famous'

Hard Candy Top Ten Satin Eyeshadow Palette in 'Rich & Famous'
      Hello everyone, and happy Monday! So, would anyone like to see a stunned makeup enthusiast's first impression on an insanely cheap palette? Because that's what I'll be doing in regards to this Hard Candy Top Ten Satin Eyeshadow Palette in 'Rich & Famous.' Ahem, now people, this is a $6 palette...just let that sink in, and let those swatches further down do the math for you. πŸ˜‰ I know, I know, it's mathematically impossible to do that, but - I digress!
Hard Candy Top Ten Satin Eyeshadow Palette in 'Rich & Famous'

Palette Info, Net Weight, & Ingredients

Hard Candy Top Ten Satin Eyeshadow Palette in 'Rich & Famous' Swatches
Arm swatches done over one thin layer of e.l.f. $2 Glitter Primer | Swatches are two swipes of product applied with a finger, not a brush
Le sigh. There are times such as this when I think I may be sleeping away on some pretty neat brands exclusive to Wal-Mart (such as Hard Candy, Flower Beauty, etc), especially now that I think I may have found an absolute gem such as this, but the thing is, I've just never had reason to do my grocery shopping there! And there's no particular reason for that: I'm not the biggest of snobs or anything - I just don't find that I ever really enjoyed shopping in that store, save for those times when I'm with my grandparents, who live in another state and who I rarely get to see. Anyway, off the rambling! One day last week there was an insane amount of rush-hour traffic I didn't feel like sitting in, so I made a stop nearby, and where do I find myself? You guessed it. πŸ˜„

There are only a select few Hard Candy products that I've ever tried, and I have raved with starry eyes over their Honeymoon Baked Blush and I had also tried their Glamoflauge Concealer many moons back when I was first getting into makeup. I must say, didn't like that one so much after a while, when I realized that its oily consistency was contributing to my breakouts. I also currently own their Stroke of Gorgeous Liquid Liner in 'Little Black Dress' (this liner outlives every other liquid liner that I have; seriously, it does not budge), but that's pretty much the extent of my experience with the brand, so I had certainly never tried any of their eyeshadows until now!

So, looking at the selection of these palettes in-store, none of the color selections really spoke to me except this one. From first glance of this through that little plastic window, I simply loved the variety of textures and finishes, and while it's a predominantly cool-toned palette, I appreciated the addition of a couple warmer neutrals (a bronze and a gold) thrown in for good measure, and it looked like a palette that could create some interesting variations! The color selection and finishes of this Rich & Famous palette reminded me of something Shiseido would do with one of their palettes! Artistic, yet everyday wearable. 

Keeping to the nature of a 'first impressions' post, I have only worn a few shades in this palette on my eyes once, and here's what I think: The shades build nicely on themselves and build nice pigmentation fairly quickly, but they most definitely need a primer or they will not show up very well, and the shades that do show up without primer, apply and look dull and muddy. But with primer? They're surprisingly well-performing shadows and the blendability of the ones I've tried is also surprisingly pretty nice! Upon swatching, the glitters are pretty flaky and prone to fall-out, but the mattes are smooth, and the shimmer and pearl finishes are nicely refined and apply smoothly as well! So far, though, I'm thinking that this is a cute little palette to keep for travel! 

Be expecting a full review of this palette in a future post, and as I get more of a chance to use it, be on the lookout for perhaps an upcoming eye makeup look or two with it! Please keep the comments coming!  


πŸ’‹xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10