1.30.2017

Recent Drugstore Acquisitions + Urban Decay Swap!


     I'll start with the swap, then I'll go on to the rest of my purchases. With my friend, a couple weeks ago I swapped out my Urban Decay Vice 2 palette that I had never used, for the gorgeous Urban Decay Full Spectrum Palette. I needed some bright hues in my life, and thought this would fit the bill. I had wanted to purchase the Electric Palette for such a long time, that I just felt like trying the first Urban Decay selection of rainbow hues that my eyes passed over, because well, they can do no wrong, right? Well, I still can't say how sure I feel about the Full Spectrum just yet, as I've only used about a third of the shades in the palette on my eyes thus far. I was, upon first impression, a bit disappointed with the performance of some colors moreso than others. It's still on Sephora's site on sale for $35, if you want to check it out.

Now, getting more experimentation with e.l.f. products. I had really wanted to try their Illuminating Palette after seeing how the formula blended into the skin, not to mention my enthusiasm after seeing the complete absence of glitter or sparkle particles in any of the powders! I had also heard great things about a couple of their newly launched lip products, and decided to try out their Poreless Face Primer as well! I have more from other brands as well! Just take a look at these beauties!


e.l.f. Illuminating Palette, $6
e.l.f. Aqua Beauty Radiant Gel Lip Stain in 'Rouge Radiance,' $4
e.l.f. Gotta Glow Lip Tint in 'Perfect Berry,' $6

It was also apparently in the cards for me to grab some Maybelline Inti-Matte Color Sensational Lipsticks as well! These are new and limited edition (I believe!), and after enjoying their original matte lineup of traditional lipsticks that cater to comfort-wearing seekers and bold, saturated pigment, I was ecstatic to find that these glided on like a dream, and in my views, are something to indeed write home about, much like the original Creamy Mattes! Here are the three shades I picked up!
Maybelline Inti-Matte Color Sensational Lipsticks L-R: Peach Buff, Almond Rose, Toasted Truffle

I'm still relatively new to the world of a chiseled contour, so when two drugstore brands released absurdly reasonably priced cream contour sticks over the holidays, I knew it was now or never, and am intending on comparing the two! The ones I picked up were from Wet 'n' Wild and Jordana. 
L-R: Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Contour Stick in 'Oak's On You' \ Jordana Sculpt 'n' Go Creamy Contour Stick in Shade #01

Ladies and germs, the beautiful nail polish collection from a woman we all know: Kandee Johnson's collaboration with Sinful Colors has turned social media into quite a frenzy, and I'm currently trying to find every single polish in each of her two collections. Each shade I've chosen just catches my attention and brightens my day when I wear it, much akin to her sparkling personality whenever we watch her, yes? It's quite infectious, in the best possible way. Here is a closer look at the three shades I've grabbed so far!
Sinful Colors Kandee Johnson Collection L-R: Pinksicle, Spoon Full of Sugar, Mermaid Tail

Finally, a lip product I've been wanting to try for about a year now, I have finally gotten the chance to try. It's Revlon's Ultra HD Liquid Matte Lipstick formula, and the shade I bought on sale for $6.99 is called 'Devotion.' It's a beautiful rosy pink with slight neutral undertones.
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Liquid Lip Color in 'Devotion'

That's it for now! Have you tried any of these products? If not, what new drugstore products have you tried lately, if any? Are there any new mascaras I need to try out? Because I desperately need to find a new one. Have a beautiful day, everyone, and stay blessed!

💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10