1.06.2017

My Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipsticks | Speedy Swatchfest, Try-On & Overview!

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipsticks
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipsticks
     Throughout my years of acquiring these highly affordable and beautifully long lasting Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipsticks, I've actually used up a couple shades I've owned, I've pitched some in the bin, and some, well, I have even repurchased a time or two, for different reasons! These are some of the lowest-priced lipsticks on the market today, at a solid $2 a bullet. There may be a small deviation from that price depending on where you purchase, that company's rewards/points systems, BOGO's, and such may have an effect. I've learned to overlook the less-than-functional packaging and staining some of the shades seem to produce, and just enjoy them for what they offer: a satin finish, affordability, the fact that they are indeed cruelty free, and the overall ease of application. The highly saturated pigment is uniform across the board for these, so that doesn't hurt, either! 

     While initially wanting to make a compilation review of these condensed into one post, I think that doing a review of all these in one go would actually be a bit counter-intuitive. The reason I say that is because there seem to be slightly varying finishes and slightly different formulas among the ones I own, and differences in how they wear, and that's depending upon their saturation, depth and intensity. The softer colors wear differently than the mid-tones, the mid-tones wear differently than the deeper, richer shades, and that just really makes them a rather unique line of lipsticks.
L-R: Just Peachy, Think Pink, In the Flesh, Wine Room
Mauve Outta Here, Pinkerbell, Coral-ine, Purty Persimmon, Cinnamon Spice

Lip Swatches

Reference: I'm NW15 in MAC foundations. It's also worth noting that each of these shades were applied on top of Burt's Bees Lip Balm, so they may appear to have a bit creamier and shinier finish in the pictures than they would appear if they were worn by themselves.
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Think Pink'
wearing Think Pink
Color: This is a richly pigmented pale pink with heavy blue, cool undertones and a milky white base. Can become chalky rather quickly.

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Just Peachy'
wearing Just Peachy
Color: This is a richly pigmented pale nude peach with a milky white base. Again, can get chalky if not careful.

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'In the Flesh'
wearing In The Flesh
Color: This one is probably the sheerest of the bunch, albeit still nicely pigmented, though it takes just a bit longer to build up the color, as it has a slightly different texture, and is a bit waxier than the rest. The hue is a mid-toned neutral rosy brown on the lips, though it's a bit deceiving: it looks very tan-brown in the packaging.

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Wine Room'
wearing Wine Room
Color: A saturated berry wine shade that doesn't pull at all purple. It has nuances of berry, mauve, brown, and red, and I appreciate that it doesn't oxidize to a bright fuchsia on me the longer I wear it (as colors like this can tend to do). However, it does stain my lips a bit pink when it has completely worn off. This is one of the shades I've used up and repurchased.
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Mauve Outta Here'
wearing Mauve Outta Here
Color: This is another one that has a slightly waxy feel as it applies, though it's easily built up to be beautifully opaque. This is a very soft muted rose pink with strong purple undertones, so it's essentially a true mauve, but I would say that this certainly leans more neutral, as it's a paler hue of mauve. This shade could easily be worn with a smokier eye without looking overdone. 

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Pinkerbell'
wearing Pinkerbell
Color: A very intense, bright yellow-based pink. It brightens up my face instantly if I wear it as a sheer wash, though I don't think wearing it to full-impact really does me any favors. The color leans a bit more coral on fair skin tones like mine. Pretty similar to MACViva Glam Nicki.

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Cinnamon Spice'
wearing Cinnamon Spice
Color: This is a flawless brick red shade. It doesn't apply streaky or patchy in the slightest, and leaves behind a beautiful wine-colored stain on my lips as it gracefully fades. I have used up about half a tube of this shade before, and repurchased. 
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Coral-ine'
wearing Coral-ine
Color: This is a heavily saturated pigmented shade, perfect for the warmer months. This brand found the perfect balance of coral and red, put it into this lipstick, and alas, this does not look garish on me when worn full-on! It's very vibrant, though, so it does demand attention.

Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Purty Persimmon'
wearing Purty Persimmon
Color: Oh sweet love, this is bright...almost too bright. It's certainly a vibrant orange shade if I ever saw one, there's no question about it! It has just a smidgen of red in it, which makes it slightly more wearable, but there is still that element of neon traffic-cone orange that comes through in the final application. I have yet to find an occasion to wear this anywhere, I just get clown vibes when I wear it. Other people pull it off beautifully, I'm just not sure I'm one of them. Oh, and it's richly saturated with pigment.

That's all for today! Have you tried these lipsticks? Which are your favorites? It you haven't, what are your favorite drugstore lipsticks?

💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10