12.22.2016

Lip Gloss is Poppin': An Affordable Holiday Red Gloss!

Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Gloss in Red Sensation Review
Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Gloss in Red Sensation Review

     It's strange that I have this beauty based blog, yet I'm a person who probably wouldn't spend more than 4 dollars on sticky damn lip gloss. I mean, most of them are typically not designed to last that long anyway, right? I'm a clear-gloss-if-any kind of girl, though I have to admit, this one fooled me, and other red glosses have pleasantly fooled me as well. Just when I thought I wouldn't like this upon applying the first layer, awww lawd did the second layer win me over.... The applicator does kinda suck, but for one buck and some change, as someone who isn't typically a lip gloss wearer (and with the texture of my long hair being akin to Hagrid's, sticky lip gloss is a no-go), for the price and how surprisingly pigmented this is, well I say, ahem, thank you ma'am! 

I needed a sparkly metallic holiday red gloss to wear as a topper over my matte red I just bought for a Christmas party I'm going to blah blah blah yes, nobody cares. 😺 Well anyway, I read somewhere that these Wet 'n' Wild Megaslicks Glosses have a thicker, less goopy, less sticky texture than most, so threw my hands up, went to Wags, the rest is history, ya know the drill. :) I had never tried these before, even as a pre-pubescent girl or even in my teens. I was a Plain Chapstick Jane until around age 20.

Ahem, veering right back on subject, yes? Thank God these posts only take me around 10 minutes to write. 😂


Formula & Pigmentation

This shade is definitely a thicker consistency, and is definitely more sticky upon initial application than it is after just a few minutes of wear. This formula is surprisingly pretty comfortable to wear. 

As for opacity, it's rather sheer, and is definitely more suited to top off a lipstick than to wear solo. The first photo is what this gloss looks like when worn alone at its maximum coverage, and it takes 3-4 layers to get there.

Here's a swatch of Red Sensation next to all the rest of my red glosses I own. It is the second one from the left. It does have more shimmer than the first gloss swatched, but do you see the patchiness and unevenness on this Wet 'n' Wild one?
L-R: LORAC Ruby Lustre, Wet 'n' Wild Red Sensation, Maybelline Color Elixir in Signature Scarlet, NYX Butter Gloss in Red Velvet, NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Cherry Custard

Longevity

It's not the longest lasting, to be honest. Alone, it melts off completely within about 20 minutes, but again, does better at keeping up its appearance when paired with lipstick. 

Packaging

The packaging of these looks different from what I remember, so I think the brand may have done a revamp? The plastic tube actually isn't terrible, and it's really compact and could fit in pretty much any clutch I have. It's just ok, albeit cheap, which is expected. The applicator is what makes me cringe, though. Too little product is dispersed onto the doe foot, even for me. It makes the product apply a bit streaky as well. 

Overall Thoughts

From testing this color, I actually wouldn't be all that opposed to trying out maybe one more from this lineup. I'll give it a solid 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10