12.05.2016

New Skincare and Makeup Acquisitions!

 

     Hey, what's that tattered piece of fabric I see being whisked away in the horizon?  Oh, it's just my wallet floating away. Well, to be fair, what is going to be discussed in this post are close to being the only beauty products I've purchased in the past six months or so, and for me, it's the inevitable time of the year where I'm reminded that my birthday is approaching, so I suppose I have a bit of an excuse. However, that is to be determined. 😅

Alright my lovely beauties! It has been a hot minute since I've acquired a couple of these products: There are two high-end makeup items I'll be showing, which were indeed purchased much earlier than the drugstore items. I've changed jobs since, for college, so my current budget is at legitimate shoestring status. What's more, most of the skincare and makeup items were purchased at a rather steeply discounted price! Huzzah for bargains!


Skincare


Freeman Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Mud Mask, $4.29, Ulta
Upon recently finishing up my Freeman charcoal/black sugar exfoliating mask (and as a side note, I will probably not repurchase) I decided to give this one a go. Will give updates once I see how it works!

Tony Moly Moisture Foam Cleanser, $5.75, Ulta
How I have been yearning to try something from Tony Moly. Since I had started working for Sephora around this time last year and was doing my training and classes on Korean skincare brands, this was one brand that my eyes zeroed in on. So, once I finish my current cleanser of the moment, this will become part of my regular rotation very soon! I got this on sale at Ulta, and its original price is around $12.

Lumene Bright Now Vitamin C Hyaluronic Essence, $24.99 original price
From a college student's perspective at this point in time, I'm not really in any position to go back to my beloved (and damn near $50) Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum, so until he and I meet again, I will be using this drugstore option in the meantime between time. Lumene is a Finnish brand that I'm admittedly not familiar with in the slightest! But hey, here's to hoping and praying that this stuff does something for me that Mario once did. Ah, the skin clarity, the brightening....if this can perform at least one of those functions, I will be grateful. I picked this up for $12 and some coins at Ulta, so decided that this could be the right decision for me....for now. Initial thoughts: definitely not too keen on the scent. 

Makeup


Wet 'n' Wild 'Coming in Latte' Studio Eyeshadow Palette
I'm left to wonder, seriously, do I really need another neutral eyeshadow palette? Ugh, no, not for another lifetime, at least. However, my reasoning for the purchase involved ultimately wanting to compare this new(er) Studio eyeshadow formula to their Photo Focus formula back when this same color selection was offered in their Fergie palette lineup. I really hope this isn't being discontinued, because I found it for $3 at a nearby pharmacy. I use my Fergie palette on the daily, and the formulation is paramount, simply second to none. I'll be doing a comparison review soon, while this palette is still available!

NYX Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette in 'Be Our Guest Maurice'
It was a trap, I tell you! The $4.99 discount sticker lured me in! I even knew previously, from perusing reviews that these palettes sucked all across the board, but wanted to find out for myself and be my own judge. Result? Sorely disappointed. The quality isn't even mediocre. In short, you wouldn't even know it's a dodgy purple palette even if you piled that shiz on! Not an exaggeration that there is just no pigment, just swatches, applies, and blends like little streaks of mud. Nothing else needs to be expounded upon, to be honest. However, I may challenge myself and try to do another look with it in the future. Then I just think, why bother?

Laura Geller Spackle Tinted Under-Makeup Primer in 'Ethereal,' $32
Yes, at one point I spent this much on a very lightly reviewed face primer. (This is barely even on the blogosphere or the YT). Haven't worn it but a few times since purchasing it a couple months ago, however I do remember enjoying it, so need to wear it more and will update soon!

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in 'Baci,' $24
Apart from Sephora Luster Mattes, this is the only higher end matte liquid lip product that I own. I have sheer adoration for the light purple-grey nudes, and it's not because it's trendy. I just love the way these colors look! Very understated, yet atypical nude; colours such as this just make people do a double take and ask, 'What color are you wearing?'

NEW Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lip Colors in 'Rebel Rose,' 'Berry Recognize,' & 'Give Me Mocha,' $4.99 each
Ahh they have answered my prayers! After falling in love with their limited edition launch of matte liquid lipsticks for the fall, I really had to hold myself back when these were released, and it was all I could do to pick up a mere three shades of the 12-14 that were offered in the display. It's rumored that these will become part of their permanent line, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I picked overall safe colors this time around, but once I can afford it, many more will be mine! 

Let me know! What items have you picked up recently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10