11.03.2016

October Product Empties: Makeup and Skincare + Repurchase Waffling

     Happy Thursday!  Today's post is just a small roundup of a fair few things I've finished off in the past month, and my thoughts on whether or not I want to repurchase any of them! Diving right on in...
Barcelonista's Beauty Blog: Product Empties

No. 7 Beautiful Skin Blemish Defence Serum, $17.99
I have a review of this product already, and you can see it here. My thoughts on this serum are rather monotonous, and still match up to that review since finishing it. So, what to say: It's basic, it's no frills, but the question is, did I find that it met, or exceeded my expectations? That's what I look for when I make a finalized decision on whether or not I want to repurchase something. In the case of this serum, it unfortunately didn't exceed my expectations, and it marginally met the expectations, so I won't be repurchasing.

I never noticed any long-term effects on my skin while using this product, and I just thought it absorbed into the skin much too quickly, so it didn't provide much opportunity as far as hydrating or moisturizing properties go for my skin type. It's more or less a supplemental step, and it's one that's just optional for me at the moment.


Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15, $24
Nearly everyone has an encounter with a Fresh lip balm at least once in their beauty excavations, especially when it's offered in one of those tantalizingly kitschy value sets around the holiday season. So with that said, you've probably seen a hundred or so reviews on this already, so I won't linger too much on it. In my experience, it took me forever to finish up this tiny vial, because I just didn't enjoy wearing it: the formula was very heavy, but not sticky, however it was still as if I were wearing an oddly formulated lip gloss from the late 80's.

I suppose the color was alright, and the sunscreen properties are a plus, it just doesn't make it anywhere near worth the intelligence-ridiculing $24 pricetag for full size (didn't know it went up that much...I know there's a hike on prices per year, but that is ridonkulous!). My lips definitely did not feel nourished or moisturized when this wore off. They just felt....quenched for something more hydrating, really. Also, I did not particularly care for the lemon cleaning agent scent. I still have yet to try anything else from the brand, but as far as this stuff goes, nope, a repurchase anytime on the horizon for me is a definite negatory.


Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer, $14
Wowza, I was sad to see this one go. I have yet to do a full review on this, and there's really not a reason for it, but I do know that I need to post one. In a nutshell, the formula was dang impeccable, and once set, to nowhere it went. I adore this for spot concealing, not so much the ideal formula for the undereye area, though, as it does dry down. It looked natural on the skin and never highlighted any texture issues I was having.

The shade 'Buttercream' was my perfect match, and it was rather brightening, as the name implies. However, the applicator irked me to no end, and I'm fairly light-handed with even base skin products, but the doe foot was scratchy and it simply dispersed much too little product even for me. I had to keep going back in for more. For that reason, I'm still waffling over whether or not I want to repurchase, as I have a small hope that they might soon change the applicator.

Have you tried any of these products? If so, let me know what you think of them, I always welcome comments! Take care, everyone, and thank ya for reading! 

💋xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10