8.15.2015

Tutorial: Nighttime Smokey Eyes Using UD Naked 2 Palette

A Pictorial: Nighttime Smokey Eyes | UD Naked 2

     Hello there!  It has been almost a month since I last uploaded a makeup look of any sort (boo-hiss, hehe just kidding 😉), and I wanted to upload a post showing the eye makeup I wore today, and figured, why not make it a pictorial? So, I have to say that the eyes are quite dramatic for me, and I had to tone it down for daytime with a soft mauve lip and light pink cheeks, because I had Saturday morning errands to run, and.... well, my eyeballs still looked as though they were about to pop out of my skull in natural light, with this 'sandwich' method of eyeshadow placement. I unfortunately could not capture the true contrast of the shadows very accurately in these photos, as it has a much higher contrast in real life. All eyeshadows used for this look are from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.

I purchased the Naked 2 palette around the time Urban Decay first launched it, and I got a ton of use out of it then, but sadly haven't reached for it much lately (which is sad, because $50 to drop on a palette is quite a hefty chunk of change, yes?). This has turned into my go-to night-time smokey halo eye look (but hey, if you're a day-to-day glamourpuss, and you want to wear this during the day, oh my goodness, yes, I wholeheartedly commend you for it! Do your thing, darling!). 

A Pictorial: Nighttime Smokey Eyes | UD Naked 2

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
A Pictorial: Nighttime Smokey Eyes | UD Naked 2

Step 1: After prepping the eye with primer and translucent powder, I took the shade Tease from the Naked 2 palette on a dense domed shadow brush by Real Techniques, and applied the shade quite heavily just above the crease as my transition color, applying in layers, and buffing it all the way inward in a rounded shape. Verve, a light silvery beige, was patted just on the center portion of the mobile lid.
Step 2: I used a couple of different brushes for this step when working with the shade Busted from the same palette. I first took my double-ended EcoTools eyeshadow brush, and with the small blender side, I picked up the color and worked with it in layers, buffing it into the outer crease, slightly meeting and overlapping Tease, but keeping it just underneath where that transition shade ends, blending between the two until I achieved the desired look. I then took a small flat shader brush and dipped back into Busted, and patted it on the outer third of the mobile lid, meeting and slightly blending into Verve.
Step 3: Taking Busted once again on that small shader brush, I placed it into the inner third of my mobile eyelid, again meeting and slightly blending into Verve, blending with more of the transition shade Tease as I went.
Step 4: With a smudger brush dipped into Tease, I smudged this into my lower lashline, leaving no space blank. I then took Verve and lightly dabbed it into the center of the lower lashline for added effect. Liner and mascara and voila! The eyes are finished!

Base Skin Products

A Pictorial: Nighttime Smokey Eyes | UD Naked 2
1) Primer: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
2) Base Skin Makeup: Skin79 Gold Label BB Cream 
3) Spot Concealer: Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in 'Fair'
4) Undereye Concealer: Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream 
5) Sephora Microsmooth Baked Finishing Powder
6) Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder
7) Contour: TheBalm Bahama Mama
8) Blush: Milani Rose Powder Blush in 'Tea Rose'

Eyes

Urban Decay Naked 2
A Pictorial: Nighttime Smokey Eyes | UD Naked 2
1) Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
2) Sephora Microsmooth Baked Finishing Powder also used as prep to help the eyeshadows put on top to blend much easier 
3) Shadows: Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (shades used: 'Tease,' 'Busted,' Verve') 
4) Liner: Maybelline EyeStudio Cream Liner in 'Blackest Black' 
5) L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara
6) Brows: L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper in 'Light to Medium'

Lips

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in 'Blushing Pout'
Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick in 'Blushing Pout'

Let me know! What would you all like to see more of on this blog? I know posting more regularly is definitely in the works (lol, but seriously), but in general, are there any types of posts in particular you would like to see?


💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10