7.25.2015

Favorites: Skincare & Haircare

     Hello!  When I decided to write a post dedicated to my skincare and haircare favorites (but mostly skincare) which spans over a non-specific time period (from the past three months or so, in this case), it was brought to my attention that I haven't created a single post regarding my monthly or weekly makeup  favorites. And I have come to the conclusion that featuring those type of posts on my blog will probably be few and far between, if any at all. I know, I know....Never say never.  So, it could  happen occasionally!
Non-Makeup Favorites! Skincare & Haircare

Non-Makeup Favorites! Skincare & Haircare

     I personally love perusing through blogs, checking out other people's favorite products, but it's not something I see myself wanting to put a schedule on, ya know? I just would feel like I would force  it if I were to do a favorites post every month because, with my current level of makeup experimentation, it would get repetitive (and boring) for me, but most importantly, for my lovely readers, rather quickly! Eeek.

Alright, enough blabbing! On to the favorites! 😄

1. Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Conditioning Shampoo - This has been my shampoo of choice for gentle cleansing for months now. This is the only product in this lineup of favorites that I have already posted a full review on, and you can read that review in the post directly below this one. :)

2. Simple Foaming Cleanser - Most foaming cleansers break me out. Or at least irritate my skin in one way or another, and of varying degrees. This is the only foaming cleanser I've tried that doesn't give me a breakout of cystic acne, nor do I get any irritation, even when I used it as my daily cleanser. I cannot detect even the faintest trace of a scent with this, which is a huge bonus. I did, however, just recently switch from using this on an almost daily basis, to just 3 or 4 times a week, because I like to use my cream cleanser every other night (which is a product I like to use on the daily, and it's also a product that is going to be featured in this post). This is the first product I've tried from Simple skincare line, and so far I'm very pleased. My skin doesn't feel parched as soon as I rinse it off my face, it lathers beautifully, and it certainly gives that 'squeaky clean' feeling to the skin, to the point that when you touch your skin afterwards, it almost feels like you're touching glass. I use this directly after removing my makeup with an oil-based cleanser.

3. Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser - Yep, this is that cream cleanser I mentioned previously! This stuff has never stopped working for me, since the day I bought that first tube 2 years ago. I use this and the Simple foaming cleanser interchangeably, and also use this right after using my oil-based cleanser. This stuff doesn't leave a film on my face post-rinse, and the formula is very mild, even for my dry skin, as is the scent. The scent is actually quite clean and pleasant, although I do wish there was just no scent at all. Gentle enough for every day use, and this is a product I know will keep my skin in check. Eh, I would rather it have benzoyl as an ingredient rather than salicylic acid, but it doesn't seem to have much acne-reducing properties as far as what I've gathered just from using it for so long. This doesn't make my skin dry, nor have I ever broken out from it. A+

4. Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum - I purchased the Mario Badescu Brightening Kit a few months back, and this is the first product from the kit (and honestly, probably the only product) that I'm looking to purchase in full size in the near future, hopefully before I run out of this small size. Along with vitamin C, this serum also contains hyaluronic acid and collagen. Let me just say, two drops is more  than enough.
I'm seriously noticing an overall change in my skin's texture in the time that I have been using this, and I always apply it onto freshly-cleansed skin, about an hour after I get out of the shower, before  I apply my moisturizer. My skin is definitely much smoother and a hell of a lot firmer since I added this into my daily routine, and I also find that my makeup applies with much more ease than it did before, when I had very textured skin with dark spots and acne remnants. I wonder why I don't hear about this product more often in the beauty community? It's definitely overlooked, in my humble opinion.

5. Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Sunscreen SPF 30 - I had always used some sort of thick, heavy white generic-brand sunblock on my body and  my face for pretty much my entire life. Anything that had SPF 75 or higher, I used it......everywhere. It never really bothered me back then that from having such dry skin, I would have to douse my entire body and face in water just to make for somewhat easier absorption of the sunblock, but the white-cast look just isn't doing it for me anymore, at least as far as the face is concerned. ;) And those types of sunblock had always made my face burn and sting a bit, so needless to say I needed a more lotiony, more moisturizing formula. I'm waiting for the day that Hawaiian Tropic comes out with an SPF 50 in this, but all the same, I'm a fan! It absorbs into the skin very quickly, I almost want to say that it melts. There is a lot of hydration going on with this product, and I'm happy to report that this doesn't make my face oily. The texture is very lightweight, and throughout the day, I know that I have a long-lasting barrier of protection that has long-since absorbed, and isn't just sitting on top of my skin. 

Thanks for reading! Tell me some of your favorite skincare products!


💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10