7.16.2015

FOTD: A Recreation of KathleenLights Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial!

     Hello everyone!  I don't think I've expressed my undying love for the gorgeous, amazing Kathleen from KathleenLights on my blog. And I decided, what better way to do that than to recreate one of my favorite looks of hers, which is her Neutral Holiday Glam Tutorial (watch it here).
FOTD: A Recreation of KathleenLights Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial!
FOTD: A Recreation of KathleenLights Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial!

FOTD: A Recreation of KathleenLights Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial!
FOTD: A Recreation of KathleenLights Chocolate Bar Palette Tutorial!
      I already know, my interpretation is nowhere near as on point as hers, this is just purely a recreation because I simply looooved the look, especially the striking pop of sparkle on the lower lashline. All credit is of course hers, I'm just an avid watcher hehee.

     Suffice to say that due to a seemingly lifelong schedule of insanity, I actually haven't known until quite recently about all the talents that the YouTube beauty community has to offer, so I think what really drew me to Kathleen's channel was her honesty, humility, consistency, and candidness. Not to mention her adorable little puppy. In my product breakdown of this look, I don't think I will repeat the eyeshadow placement steps in detail, because mine is pretty much almost identical to hers, and I used the same palette she used, soooo.... it may be a bit redundant, eh?
Keep reading for more pictures and a product breakdown!

  Eyes

Too Faced Chocolate Bar, Sonia Kashuk Eyeshadow, EcoTools, Real Techniques
1) Primer: Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer in 'For My Primas'
2) Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette (shades used: White Chocolate from mobile lid up to brow, Salted Caramel in crease, Milk Chocolate in outer 'V' and on lower lashline as base for sparkly shadows, Champagne Truffle as inner corner highlight and browbone highlight)
3) Sonia Kashuk Eye on Glamour Eye Couture Palette (Limited Edition) (shades used: the neutral-toned sparkle topcoats in the middle column, 1st and 3rd down, were applied on the lower lashline)
4) Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 'Blackest Black'
5) L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
6) Brows: L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel in 'Light to Medium'


Base Skin Products

FOTD Base Skin Products
1) Base Skin Foundation: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in 'Ivory'
2) Spot Concealer: Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in 'Fair'
3) Undereye Concealer: Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Corrector
4) Estee Lauder Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder
5) Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder

Lips

Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in 'N9'
 Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in 'N9'
Makeup For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in 'N9'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10