7.18.2015

Wet 'n' Wild Spring 2015 Silver Lake Collection: My Picks + Swatches

     Honestly, these Wet 'n' Wild collections appear and disappear like little Houdinis....there's now a new Venice Beach Eyeshadow Collection  that came out right after this one that I'm now on the hunt for, and I was contemplating whether or not to even create a post for this Silver Lake collection, since it was released back in the spring, and may be a bit difficult to find now. 

     Then I realized that geographic location is quite different across the board when it comes to the availability of drugstore limited edition collections in general, and I didn't even see this collection anywhere near me until about two months after it was released, so.....ladies, there's still a chance you may find it! If you do, I think it's highly worth checking out, as the textures, formula, and overall quality of these products is really quite lovely. Read on for more pictures and my thoughts/first impressions on these beautiful products!
Wet 'n' Wild Limited Edition Silver Lake Collection
Wet 'n' Wild Limited Edition Silver Lake Collection

Blush & Glow Trio in Sunset Junction

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Blush & Glow Trio in Sunset Junction

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Blush & Glow Trio in Sunset Junction - swatches
Sunset Junction is the cooler-toned trio of the three that were available in this collection. The highlight in this trio is a very high-frost, silvery champagne (I couldn't detect any gold tones in this one), the blush is a light neutral pink that appears to have a satin finish in the pan, but is actually quite glowy on the skin, and the bronzer is a definite satin-finish light warm tan color. The texture of these powders is very creamy (a vastly different formula from their past collection of blush and bronzer compacts last year that sported the palm tree design).

I also love that they made each portion of the compact an equal third, because I find it so annoying when companies create palettes thinking their consumers will use one color over the other, so they give us a larger pan of one color, and a smaller pan of another. These Blush & Glow  trios retail for around $3.99.


Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in California Roll

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in California Roll
California Roll  was the most popular of the palettes in this collection, and I can definitely see why! You get an unexpected array of finishes, and all of the shades provide beautifully smooth, blendable quality and outstanding color pay-off. This palette only contains one sparkle topcoat, which is the top shade in the right-hand column. As much as I like all the shades contained in this palette, the matte coral and matte red are my favorites by far. I was surprised by their superb pigmentation, and although they're not, say, INGLOT-pigmented, they will definitely pack a punch, and aren't for the faint of heart. :) This retailed at my local Fred Meyer for $3.29.

A Close-Up of California Roll

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in California Roll

Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in Thrift Store Chic

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in Thrift Store Chic
Thrift Store Chic  is certainly not your average pink toned eyeshadow palette. There will be a longer description for this one, because I've tested it out more than I have with the other palette. Much like California Roll,  you get an array of finishes with this one, and the palette itself is very cool-toned. I personally love the Wet 'n' Wild sparkle topcoat formula; there are two sparkle topcoats in this palette, which, in my humble opinion, make the palette a little more interesting, and can really glam up a look instantly. While this palette overall doesn't have as creamy of a formula as the other palette does, I still find the texture of this one to be quite smooth, and easy to blend. So the quality is definitely there.

There are two mattes: a flat matte light pink and a 'floating' matte raspberry pink with gold and silver microglitter, which lends to more of a satin-finish in the end. The mauve-toned plum purple shade on the bottom is probably my favorite shadow in the palette, and the two times I've worn it, both with and without a primer, it held up beautifully throughout the day, and blended seamlessly. It's a very interesting, unique purple as far as what you can find in the drugstores, and now that I think about it, it really reminds me of a less intense version of the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 'Burst Into Bloom,' which I featured in a very recent blog post. I highly recommend this palette if you like a lot of sparkle. This retailed at my local Fred Meyer for $3.29.
 

A Close-Up of Thrift Store Chic

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Palette in Thrift Store Chic
I say that if you can still find traces of this collection in stores near you, I highly recommend trying it out, if you can find a palette with a color scheme that suits your personal tastes!  

💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10