7.01.2015

Acquisitions | MAC, Sephora, & Drugstore + Mini Reviews!

     Hello dolls!  After the course of some thorough research, I have been experimenting with different products, not to mention a few different brands that are completely  new to me, trying to get a better idea of what to incorporate into my freelance kit. As you can see, a good majority of my findings were drugstore, or at least drugstore price (post disclaimer: these were all purchased by me).

     May I also bring attention to the fact that all products were acquired in the span of four months....four months....so yes, certainly not a week or two. If that were the case, I think there would be a problem in my case, yes

      All pictures in this post were taken a couple weeks ago, and I have been able to give a good majority of these products a test run so I can form an overall first impression of how they have performed for me. There are a fair few I haven't had the chance to play around with just yet, so I will be certain to make it known which products those are in this post, along the way. Alright, let's begin!

MAC Face and Body Foundation in 'White' 120 ml
MAC Face and Body Foundation in 'White'
Since I first purchased this foundation, I have been utilizing it solely as a mixer with a darker foundation I own. I was initially concerned that this would break me out, as I have had that experience in the past with MAC base products on more than a few occasions. However, I'm delighted to report that MAC Face & Body = ZERO breakouts, so far! I also hear that it has a waterproof formula, which I'm all too keen to test out. Will report back!

Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in '10 Fair,' Flower Beauty Daily Brightening Undereye Cover Cream in 'DB1'
Top: Flower Beauty Daily Brightening Undereye Cover Cream in 'DB1'    Bottom: Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in '10 Fair'


The Maybelline Master Conceal is going into my freelancing kit, no question about it. The formula is simply impeccable: full coverage yet incredibly lightweight. Quite possibly the best concealer from the drugstore I've tried in a long time. It's in my daily makeup rotation, and will continue to be for a while yet. 

The other concealer I picked up from Flower Beauty, on the other hand, is one I'm not all that impressed with, sadly. The formula is surprisingly very heavy, thick and just sinks into fine lines around my eye area.

MAC Lipstick in 'La Vie en Rouge'
MAC La Vie en Rouge
Oh, how I cherish the moment when I decide to continue into my foray of the wonderful world of MAC lipsticks. Do all the finishes agree with me? No, actually, I think the lustres are the only ones I can comfortably wear. 'La Vie en Rouge' was a limited edition lipstick released a while back, and is the second matte lipstick I've purchased from the brand. I can't say that I've worn this dashingly bold coral-red beauty more than once, though, so can't really say much in the likeness of a first impression just yet.

e.l.f. Blush Palette in 'Light'
e.l.f. Blush Palette in 'Light'
For 6 bucks, I must say I'm impressed with this little blush palette. The tones in this 'Light' palette are predominantly cool pink/berry with a warm peachy tan shade thrown into the mix for good measure. Hats off to e.l.f. for deciding not  to implement the formula of their Studio Blushes (y'know, the ones with the NARS-esque packaging) into these palettes. This is an all-new formula of powder blush for e.l.f., and it's an overall major improvement over the other blushes in their lineup.

Milani Bella Eyes in 'Bella Fuchsia,' 'Bella Ivory,' & 'Bella Mandarin'
Milani Bella Eyes in 'Bella Fuchsia,' 'Bella Ivory,' & 'Bella Mandarin'
These Milani Bella Eyes eyeshadows are my first foray into Milani eye products in general. After singing the praises of their baked blushes, I knew I had to try out a few of these when they launched, because the gel/powder formula intrigued me. I have to say I'm growing really fond of them. They aren't at all like the L'Oreal Infallibles, in the sense of being the type of formula that works best when applied with fingers, as I feel like these work really well with synthetic brushes as well. However, I don't feel the urge to go out and purchase any more of these any time soon. They are quite smooth and the pigment is solid, however I like that these aren't so pigmented and still have that nice, sheer, semi-translucent quality to them. They definitely don't lend to that heavy  look, like, say, the Urban Decay shadows or the L'Oreal Infallibles are known for.

L'Oreal Infallible 24-Hr Eyeshadow in 'Burst Into Bloom'
L'Oreal Infallible 24-Hr Eyeshadow in 'Burst Into Bloom'
Not like I need any more of these.... Well, to be fair, L'Oreal Infallibles are by far my favorite eyeshadow formula from the drugstore, so I just had to pick this one up. I haven't played with this particular shade much, but the shade is beautiful, and quite unique, and really is unlike anything I have. The shade is a hybrid of fuschia, mauve, and plum, and is very metallic and reflective, much like the majority of the L'Oreal Infallible line. 

Sephora Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color in 'Deep Plum Luster' & 'Coral Luster'
Sephora Luster Matte Long Wear Lip Color in 'Deep Plum Luster' & 'Coral Luster'
After trying these, let's just say.....I may or may not have gone back to Sephora and purchased two more shades. 😛 As much as the name 'Luster Matte' and any other oxymoron annoys me to the end of my days, for what it's worth, these liquid lipsticks are, in essence....AH-MAZEBALLS. These don't lend to a flat powdery matte finish on the lips, like the Sephora Cream Lip Stains do. These in fact retain some depth and a satiny finish, long after setting. The applicator distributes just the right amount of product, I have had no qualms or problems with the formula, longevity, or any issues with leaky packaging, so I overall have no complaints with these so far. Though I still have some testing to do before a final verdict is reached. 

INGLOT Freedom System Eyeshadows

INGLOT Matte 392
INGLOT Matte 392
INGLOT Matte 370
INGLOT Matte 370

INGLOT Matte 382
INGLOT Matte 382

INGLOT Rainbow Eyeshadow 119
INGLOT Rainbow Eyeshadow 119

INGLOT Matte 345
INGLOT Matte 345
Lastly, I couldn't help but drink the Kool-Aid that is INGLOT eyeshadows. My order for these shadows was a more recent venture, and as you all can probably tell, I opted for the bright, primary candy colors my first time around. I haven't been able to use them enough to form an overall first impression as of yet. So stay tuned!

Other Products:

  • Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge - I'm still at a learning curve with this sponge. I find it's good for smoothing out and blending. However, mine is staining quite oddly, and in patches, not evenly.
  • Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner - This has always been a favorite of mine, and is simply a repurchase. Rich, potent, wears like iron. A+
  • Sonia Kashuk Dual Hole Cosmetic Pencil Sharpener - This makes me wonder why I ever bothered with the Urban Decay Grindhouse Sharpener. This is so much easier to clean, and like the UD one, this doesn't 'eat' my pencils like other sharpeners, and is very high quality, and the hinged-lid is a very convenient mechanism, and I know I won't lose it. Very impressed.
Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!


💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10