3.27.2014

Evening Pastel Eye Makeup

     Hi all!  I haven't the slightest clue what is up with me and bright colors lately, but I've certainly been wearing the heck out of them! Well, this look is more of a pastel mint smokey eye with some purple and black in the crease. So, not quite bright, I suppose. As you will see, the focal point here is the eyes, so I didn't try to work a little longer to try out a 'beat face' to go along with the eyes. The sun was setting and I wanted to get good natural lighting from my balcony window before dark. I also don't think I could create a 'beat face' just yet without looking like a clown. So, everything else is toned down and minimal. A nude lip with a touch of blush. I saw a few things about this look right off the bat that I would've done a lot differently, but I think it looks pretty good, with it being my first time trying it out. 

     Like my previous posts, this is just going to be a breakdown of the products used, and I'll be going into more detail about what was used on the eyes rather than my base skin face products. Oh, and I also wanted to mention: This is not one of the Sephora Pantone Elemental Energy palette looks that was promised. I will be getting those up soon! I did incorporate one of the shadows from that palette into this look, but it was just to layer over the mint shade (the shade called 'Murmur' from the Air quad, to be exact), so definitely not worthy enough to have 'Pantone Look' title in the post.



Product Breakdown

1) Eyeshadows: The long forgotten 88 Color Matte Eye Shadow Palette (I know they're pretty much all identical bulk palettes with different labels; I just happened to get mine from coastalscents.com). It made up the majority of the eye shadows that were used for this look
2) Base: Jordana 12-Hour Made To Last Eye Shadow Pencil in 'Continuous Almond' 
3) Base #2: NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in 'Milk' as a 'mobile lid' base for the mint shadow
4) Liner: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Creamliner Trio in 'Brown Eyes' (black one was used as a cut-crease base for the black shadow, and was also used for liner on top and bottom lashlines, as well as waterline)
5) L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
6) SEPHORA + PANTONE UNIVERSE Elemental Energy Eye Shadow Palette (shade used: 'Murmur' to give the mint matte shadow a more glowy iridescent finish)

💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10