4.01.2014

| Eyes of the Day | featuring Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Elemental Energy Eyeshadow Palette

     Hey everyone!  Wow, I can't believe spring is finally  here! I'm definitely going to the park today to enjoy this beautiful weather, but I wanted to get this posted while I could. I have been playing around with this bad boy eyeshadow palette from Sephora + PANTONE. My review of this palette will hopefully be up by tomorrow!
Sephora + PANTONE UNIVERSE Elemental Energy Eyeshadow Palette
       Here is the back of the palette (both pictures match the quadrants' positions; top (L) green-toned quad is 'Earth,' top (R) barely-there quad is 'Air,' bottom (L) burnished copper and pink quad is 'Fire,' and bottom (R) aquatic blue quad is 'Water'
Until the review, here is a soft, subdued neutral look I created with this palette! (Please excuse my unruly brows; the closer up they are, the more apparently bad they look; I could pluck them and shape them to the end of their days but they would still grow back full and mad-looking a day later. Haha oh, genetics) 

I didn't restrict this eyeshadow look to one particular quad, or element, rather, but I did use 2 shades from the Earth quad (Gingersnap and Pebble), 1 shade from the Air quad (Murmur), and 1 shade from the Fire quad (Dawn). More details about shadow placement are in the product breakdown below. 

 Product Breakdown

 1) Primer: Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Take On the Day Eyeshadow Primer in 'CA027 For My Primas'
2) Base: Jordana 12-Hour Made To Last Eyeshadow Pencil in 'Continuous Almond'
3) 'Dawn' (matte light ivory) from the Elemental Energy Palette applied from lid up to browbone / I sometimes like to apply a matte powder 'base' as a first step (especially if it's my first time using a particular palette, and don't know how the shadows will perform) to help any shadow on top of it blend with more ease
4) 'Gingersnap' (matte medium cool-toned brown) from the palette, applied quite heavily in the crease and blended upwards, also applied on outer half of the lower lashline (the mattes in this palette proved to be quite difficult to work with; my problem isn't with their pigmentation, as they are rather smooth and provide good color payoff, but their extreme patchiness when trying to blend them out)
5) 'Pebble' (matte light khaki) from the palette, applied with a packing brush, covering the space of mobile lid
6) 'Murmur' (one of my favorite shades in the palette, it's an 'almost-white' with a soft shimmer and a touch of iridescence) very lightly applied with a large fluffy blending brush, layered on top of the matte khaki shade and also applied with a smaller, stiffer brush as an inner corner highlight
7) Sleek Storm I-DIVINE Eyeshadow Palette (I had to use the light matte blending color to blend out the matte brown 'Gingersnap' from the Sephora palette; it was that  patchy!)
8) Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in 'Zero'
9) L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
10) Waterline: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Pencil in 'Nude'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10