3.22.2014

| FOTD: Signature Red Lip |

     Hello everyone! Hope you all are having a fantastic day! I figured that I would start everything off on here with a Face of the Day (more commonly known as FOTD's, so not necessarily a tutorial; however if anyone would like to see one, I plan on starting the other venue of uploading videos very soon! But for now, a tutorial for this would more than likely be uploaded as a pictorial, if requested). 😊

       So, the red lip has been probably the most loved and most feared aspect of makeup throughout the evolution of the art to this day. It seems to be the one color that just loves to feather and bleed the most, not to mention attach itself to our pearly whites just when we're about to take a picture, am I right? Now, I think I have found my perfect combination of products for a red lip! 

     The bottom picture is more true to how this actually looked in real life. I'm very new to photo editing (I use the PhotoScape program to get the truest depiction of how the colors (and me) would look in real life). However, I only use this program extensively under two conditions: (1) if I don't use my camera, and take the picture with an unconventional device such as my iPad, and (2) if it is nighttime when I take them, and they look very grainy (both of the pictures above were taken with my iPad in the evening), so I worked with what I could to get the TRUE colors to show. Just a disclaimer. Photography is not my best asset, and I'll learn as I go. Otherwise, with my camera, I still use the program, just in much more moderation, since I do have quite a good camera. I just wanted to be honest, like I should be. Alright enough babbling! Here is the product breakdown for this look:

Base Skin Products

1) Primer: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
2) Base Skin Makeup: Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in the shade 'Fair'
3) L'Oreal Visible Lift Repair Absolute Makeup in the shade '#121 Light Ivory' (very underrated cream foundation, in my opinion; expect a review for this very soon!)
4) Spot Concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in 'Ultra Light'
5) Undereye Concealer: Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream in shade #01
6) Wet 'n' Wild Cover All Pressed Powder in the shade 'Fair/Light'
7) Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
8) Blush: NYX Powder Blusher in 'Terracotta'

Eyes

 1) Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
2) Base: Jordana 12-Hour Made To Last Eyeshadow Pencil in 'Continuous Almond'
3) Base #2: NYX Eyeshadow Pencil in 'Milk'
4) Eyeshadows: Sleek 'Storm' I-DIVINE Palette made up the majority of the eyeshadows for this look, and the black was used as liner for the upper and lower lashlines)
5) Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette (shades used: Foxy for browbone highlight)
6) L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in 'Iced Latte' as inner corner highlight
7) L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara
8) Waterline: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Pencil in 'Nude'

Lips

 =
 KA-POW!!! lips 😀
 1) Liner: Jordana Retractable Lip Liner in the shade 'Plush Plum' (lips are outlined and completely filled in with this)
2) Lip Color #1: Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Lipstick in 'Pagan Angel' (yes, a black lipstick! This was used with a lip brush to deepen the corners and was blended in very well)
3) Lip Color #2: Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick in 'Cherry Picking' (dabbed in the center of the lip, no lip brush used, and blended into the corners over the black lipstick)

💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10