3.23.2014

| PURPLE DIAMOND |

     Hi everyone!  I decided to recreate this look today after being inspired from a few purple smokey eye techniques I've come across in the past. I adjusted the techniques and shapes to my own eye shape, as I have quite hooded eyelids, and also incorporated a touch of glitter to give it more of an edge. I thought that it would be the perfect compliment to this frigid, chilly weather in the northern U.S. where I live. I can honestly say that I've never wanted so badly to sit out in 90 degree weather and just roast in the sun (ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration) in a bathing suit by the pool. Ah, summertime...

     Nonetheless, with this look, in my head I was going for more of a monochromatic result than what it actually turned out to be. I was going for a more defined lip that was more of an apparent purple, but I still like the way it turned out. This post is just going to be a product breakdown for the eyes and lips, and I'll lightly touch on the actual color products (not necessarily the base and skintone products) that were used for the skin. Alright, let's go!



Eyes


 Product Breakdown
1) Primer/Base: Jordana 12-Hour Made To Last Eyeshadow Pencil in 'Continuous Almond'
2) Liner/Base: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in 'Zero' as a creamy base and outline for the black in the crease, and also as liner for top and bottom lashline and waterline
3) Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Shadow in 'Blue Paradise' (LE and not pictured, but this is what made the purple shade from WnW really pop!)
4) Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon 8-Pan Palette in 'Petal Pusher' (the two bottom-most purple and charcoal shades)
5) Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon 8-Pan Palette in 'Blue Had Me At Hello' (I just used the matte black in this palette for the crease and worked it over the UD Zero base)
6) Base: Sephora 12-Hour Waterproof Jumbo Shadow Pencil in 'White Glitter' applied on mobile lid as a base for the sparkly purple e/s from WnW palette, and also used as inner corner highlight
7) Sephora Glitter Liquid Liner in 'Black' applied to the inner part of the lower lashline (this and UD Zero acted as bases for the shimmery charcoal and purple shades from WnW palette, which were both applied on the lower lashline)
8) Glitter: LASplash Cosmetics Crystallized Glitter in 'Phenomenon' applied over purple e/s on mobile lid with a small damp eyeshadow brush (I didn't have glitter adhesive or even a tube of lash glue on hand, so I'll remember next time to have one or the other when dealing with glitter lol)
9) L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara was all that was used on the lashes
10) WnW Cover All Pressed Powder as brow bone highlight and to blend out the black

Lips


Product Breakdown
1) NYX Round Lipstick in the shade 'Power' (known to be a dupe for MAC Lavender Whip)
2) CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in 'Divine'
3) Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in 'Decadent' (LE from a 2012 holiday collection, I believe)

Honorable Mentions

1) Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
2) Blush: NYX Powder Blusher in 'Peach'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10