12.09.2014

EOTD: 'Bridal Inspired' Gold & Olive Eye Makeup featuring LORAC Cosmetics

     Hello lovelies!  In light of the holiday season, I decided to dig out my much-used and much-loved LORAC Sweet Temptations Eyeshadow Palettes for this bridal inspired look. I had to incorporate my matte crease shades from other palettes (the beloved Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral palette was one of them), as these LORAC palettes are loaded with shimmer and shine. This set from LORAC includes four gorgeously packaged candy bar-style eyeshadow palettes, and it was just one unit of a beautifully monstrous collection that they released for the holidays last year, and it was in fact limited edition, and is no longer available.

     However, it has come to my attention that LORAC has come out with another eyeshadow palette collection for the holidays this year that is very reminiscent of last year's Sweet Temptations Collection, in terms of packaging and overall presentation. It's called the Royal Eyeshadow Collection. I noticed that a lot of the shades from this year's look like they could be overlaps from last year's. With that said, if you wanted to recreate this, the shades are pretty dupeable, so you could possibly find similar shades to these in this year's new LORAC collection, or just use whatever eyeshadows you may already have!

     After looking at this for a while, I think that this cinnamon-y golden eye makeup would look beautiful as a component of bridal makeup. There's a good amount of 'glow,' but there's just as much 'definition' with the mattes, for it to not cause a camera's flash to go crazy when taking pictures. I think the olive shade on the bottom lashline pairs very nicely with the warmer tones. As you will see further in the post, this is a very simple eyeshadow look, and you can probably get away with using only 4 shadows tops!
     **I just go slightly overboard with the number of products I use at times, and, in my learning process with makeup, sometimes I find myself using more shades than necessary. 

The Products

LORAC Sweet Temptations Eyeshadow Collection
TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 1 Eyeshadow Palette


 Product Breakdown


 1) Too Faced Shadow Insurance
2) MAC Bare Study Paint Pot (applied as a base, concentrating on the mobile lid area, being careful to keep below the crease)
3) LORAC Sweet Temptations 'Indulge in White Chocolate' & 'Tantalizing Dark Chocolate' Eyeshadow Palettes (shades used:  in the White Chocolate palette, I packed and blended the first shade on the left, into the inner two-thirds of my mobile lid, which is a shimmery pale ivory shade with a gold shine to it that reminds me of MAC's Vanilla Pigment | In the 'Dark Chocolate' palette, I used the second shade from the left on the outer third of my mobile lid, a warm intense mid-toned peachy gold, and I blended it from the outer third of the lid, overlapping it into the first color ever so slightly, being careful not to extend it upwards into the crease)
4) Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Matte Eyeshadow Palette (shades used:  1st shade in the second row, a soft peachy brown that I would compare to MAC's Soft Brown Eyeshadow, blended into the upper crease area with a fluffy brush as a transitional shade, not touching the first two shades placed on the mobile lid | 1st shade in the third row, a rich dark brown with red undertones, was applied with a smaller crease brush into the socket of my crease, concentrating just on the outer third and blending upwards slightly into the peachy brown shade
5) TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 1 Eyeshadow Palette (shades used:  I applied 'All About Alex' on the bottom row, a shimmering olive shade, onto my bottom lashline with a smudge brush, bringing it only two-thirds of the way inward)
6) Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in 'Zero' (I applied only a bit of this onto my waterline)
7) MAC Fluidline in 'Wholesome' as my eyeliner for the top lashline, slightly winged out
8) Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in 'Black' applied on uppers and lowers

 Here are some swatches, for comparison 
 L-R: TheBalm 'All About Alex' | LORAC Sweet Temptations ivory gold and peachy gold | Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Mattes

Hope you enjoyed! Stay warm, everyone, and thanks for reading!

💋xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10