12.02.2014

My Holiday Beauty Wishlist


Whoa, so many of these products have been on my list for at least 6 months. Holy moly! 


1. MAC Mineralize Blush in 'Warm Soul,' $27
I don't own any of these Mineralize Blushes, and from what I've heard (and seen) of this shade in 'Warm Soul,' it really seems like it's just demure enough of a color to wear with almost anything. I can actually see myself wearing this year-round, if I were to purchase it. Most would think I'm crazy for saying this, but I really am getting a bit worn out with wearing mostly matte blushes, and I think this blush would be the perfect foray into bringing some 'glow' back into my face (and my life).

2. MAC Viva GLAM I Lipstick, $16
This has been a long-standing attraction...from afar. Oh, how I've always wanted to try a matte brick red like this, as I don't have that particular shade in my current stash of red lippies. I'm still, though, a bit hesitant to try more from the MAC Matte lipstick formula, simply because of how drying I've heard that most of their mattes are. Nonetheless, I love a matte lip, and I think that if I add this red to my collection, it will definitely be a special addition, as all of the red lipsticks I own are either bright and berry-toned or tomato-ey.

3. Josie Maran Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon, $20
Although I'm still using (and loving!) my Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in 'CIA' to highlight my undereye area, it is a shade lighter than my skintone, so I unfortunately can't use it to spot conceal, as the lighter color would accentuate whatever problem areas I may have. Since I much prefer the consistency of a high quality concealer crayon (or just a cream concealer in general), rather than one in a liquid formula in a wand or tube (liquid is just messy, and it's really easy to apply too much, in my opinion), I'm thinking about giving this one a go. The argan skincare benefits are just tacking on major bonus points at the end of my decision on whether to purchase or not. I can imagine this being a very emollient concealer, which is what I love for my drier winter skin.

4. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Lip & Cheek Creamy Oil in 'Boundless Berry,' $18
When I really take into consideration how many days my skin just won't have anything to do with powder products (it's more often than not), I am thinking of implementing more cream products into my routine. They really do look better on my skin than powder products; the only downside is that, of course, creams need to be tossed a lot sooner. I fell in love with this berry tint when I tried it on at my local JCPenney Sephora. The pigment in this, due to the nature of the product, of course, isn't concentrated at all; it's extremely sheer. However, the tint looks beautiful on the cheeks. I don't plan on ever using this on my lips if I purchase it. I've heard that it is buildable, and the argan skincare benefits are just the icing on the cake.

5. Sephora Collection Flatter Yourself Contouring Brush Set, $48
This is one of those things that have been on my list for a while. I've looked at other contouring sets from other brands, but have always come back to this one. I'm not really gung-ho into the contouring craze; it's just something I think only looks good in photos....not in real life. If done in a subtle manner, yes, it can (and does) look good in real life. I'm nowhere near an expert, it's merely my opinion. :) However, I really want to get this set for my freelance kit. A high quality stipple brush and angled blush brush are really the go-getter must-haves I'm trying to find. The third brush in the set: I'll find something else creative to do with it. And if I just happen to get into some practice of subtle contouring, I'll have that handy, right?

6. Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Energizing Mask, $16.99
There's an odd feeling that tells me this won't do much of anything for me, but at the moment, I'm in need of a major pick-me-up for my skin. The only masks I've ever used were clay masks, and I'm just looking to try something different. My skin hasn't been feeling its best, and it has just been looking dull-as-doodoo, as of late, so hopefully, if I decide to purchase, this will lend to brightening my skin up and rejuvenating it a bit!

7. Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Moisture Mask, $16.99
Now, this is the one I'm excited about. I've been battling with flaking, patchy dry spots on my already dry skin, and have been on the brink of purchasing this for the better part of six months now. But then looking at the reviews and ingredients, I'm wondering: is it just glorified Vaseline? I'm really wanting to just do it: make the purchase, and stop beating myself up about it. I think what attracts me the most to this is that it contains essential C and E vitamins; it also contains lipids. Before this, I had never heard of a mask that's safe to sleep in. Some even say it's more beneficial to sleep with this mask on. I'm seeing this as more than just a pick-me-up mask, the one that only feels good until it's rinsed off, and that is the reason why I'm inclining more towards this one, than the Energizing Mask I mentioned above. I'll just have to wait and see!

8. Urban Decay Electric Palette, $49
Why haven't I bought this already? Well, I wanted to snatch up this baby when it first came out, and all the tutorials that people are (to this day) putting out with this palette, are just....haunting me. However, I'm in somewhat of a dilemma: I've been looking for a brand that specializes in brights, and I'm torn between buying this palette or buying from a brand that isn't as readily available: and that brand is Sugarpill. I'm just not sure if I want to make the dive on purchasing the Urban Decay palette just yet, because I know one of my reasons will be this: it's a palette from a brand that is more convenient for me to access. It's either that, or purchasing a couple palettes from a less expensive brand that's online-only (therefore not as readily available), which I've been meaning to buy for seriously ages longer than the Electric palette has even been in stores.
I'm a serious Urban Decay junkie; I just want to branch out and see what other brands have to offer. I'm still wanting to get this palette at some point in the future, I'm just not sure if it's the right time for us to meet just yet.

Do you own any of these products? If so, your experience with said product(s)? Would it be something you would recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10