3.23.2015

Tutorial: Cranberry Eye Makeup Featuring L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

Tutorial: Cranberry Eye Makeup Featuring L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows
Tutorial: Cranberry Eye Makeup Featuring L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows
     Good day, lovelies!  Here is my second attempt at an eyeshadow pictorial. 😄 When I think way back to the beginning of my journey with makeup, I remember the L'Oreal Infallibles being the first big girl shadows I ever got into. For some people, the brand that started that journey was MAC. For others, it was Wet 'n' Wild. Urban Decay. Ben Nye.
     These shadows from L'Oreal are unique in that their texture makes it that much easier for a 2-second application with no brush, just the phalanges on my hand are the only tools necessary, if I'm just using one color. However, there were a couple Infallibles used in this eye tutorial, so I find a good blending brush to be essential.
Tutorial: Cranberry Eye Makeup Featuring L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows
L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows in 'Strawberry Blonde' (LE) and 'Glistening Garnet' (Permanent)
     With this beautiful berry-tinged eye look, I put myself to the challenge to create as much depth as possible with 'almost' exclusively shimmer shades, whereas with most cases, I would use a mix of different finishes. These two are actually the least  used L'Oreal Infallibles I own, and as I was playing with these, doing swatches, I thought, hey, whaddaya know, this could be a harmonious pairing!
Tutorial: Cranberry Eye Makeup Featuring L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows
Here are the steps I took to achieve this look!

Steps 1 & 2: I blended eyeshadow primer from lashline to browbone, and a creamy white base was packed onto the mobile lid and blended.
Step 3: With a large shader brush, I took a soft purple-violet shadow and packed it onto the mobile lid and  packed it above the crease, being sure to keep the color at the same intensity from outer corner to the inner corner. I then did a soft blend just around the edges.
Step 4: Using L'Oreal Infallible in 'Glistening Garnet,' I picked up some product directly onto my ring finger and started pressing and packing it into the outer third of my lid, blending slightly inwards with the same ring finger as I went. With the leftover shadow that remained on my 'applicator,' I just swept it above my crease.
     I then went to pick up more product and pressed the pigment into the inner third of my eyelid, then blended upwards slightly to connect the crease, without interfering with the center portion of my mobile lid, which should still just have the purple base shadow at this point. I then blended out the edges with a fluffy blending brush. Since I apparently went camera-happy, I completely forgot to apply the purple shadow on my lower lashline in Step 3, but it's absolutely there in Step 4? Ehhh......FAIL. ðŸ˜“
Step 5: I then pressed L'Oreal Infallible in 'Strawberry Blonde' onto the center of the mobile lid with my index finger. This particular shadow was very messy to work with, as it's more or less meant to be a pink iridescent glitter top coat with minimal white pigment, but still turned out beautiful nonetheless. That's why I felt I needed a purple base underneath. I didn't have any problems with this shadow migrating all over my face, and the transfer of glitter I was expecting from the lid to the upper crease with this shadow was surprisingly minimal.
     I then barely  blended the edges where the Strawberry Blonde and Glistening Garnet shades met, and did so with a smaller, denser brush. Mascara on top and bottom lashes and voila!!


 Product Breakdown

 

 1) Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance 
2) Base: NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil
3) Purple-violet eyeshadow: the purple shade in the LORAC AfterGLO Eyeshadow Palette (pictured below)
 4) Other Shadows: L'Oreal Infallible 24-HR Eyeshadows in 'Glistening Garnet' (Permanent shade) and 'Strawberry Blonde' (from the 2013 Miss Candy limited edition collection, and no longer available)
5) L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara

That's it, darlings! Hope you enjoyed this post! Have a blessed day.

💋 xoxo-Cailee

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10