9.08.2014

Evening Makeup: Purple Smoke & Nude Lips (A Pictorial)

     Hello there! How are you all doing today?  So, this is my very first attempt at an eyeshadow pictorial. All eyeshadows used for this look are from ELF's new and limited edition palette: their Essential 18-Piece Eyeshadow Palette. I used this palette in my last FOTD so that you and I could see exactly what the warmer neutral shades in this palette have to offer. For this pictorial, I decided to play with some of the cooler more colorful shades for a glammed-up look that's perfectly appropriate for those evenings out. (And, y'know, also for those evenings at home, dog-sitting and eating mint moose tracks ice cream? Yes? Maybe? Ok 😊). 

     This palette, being mostly neutral, also has a gorgeous matte mauve-lavender and deep matte navy shade, which I really wanted to incorporate into this look (which, yes ma'am, I did). The pigmentation on these mattes ended up surprising me, in a good way. For this post, I will be focusing mainly on the color cosmetics, and not the base skin products. 



Step 1: In the e.l.f. Essential 18-Piece Eyeshadow Palette, apply the shade labeled above as '2' (a muted purple-y mauve) with a fluffy blending brush just above the crease and blend, concentrating on the outer corner and working it all the way in and above the inner corner.
Step 2: With a smaller tapered crease brush, pack the matte navy blue (labeled shade '3' in the palette) into the crease, and connect the space between the crease and the lash line to create the outer 'v' shape.
Step 3: Take the purple-y mauve shade once more with the fluffy brush to blend out the edges of where the navy shadow was placed.
Step 4: Pack the shade labeled '4' in the palette, a medium silvery taupe, onto the mobile lid.
Step 5: Line the top lash line, and take the shade labeled '1' in the palette, a matte creamy ivory, to highlight the brow bone and inner corner.
Step 6: Apply the navy shade to the outer third of the bottom lash line with a smudger brush, and blend the muted mauve shade next to it in the center of the bottom lash line. I personally like to leave the inner third of my lower lash line blank. Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. Voila!


Eyes

1) Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
2) Base: Jordana 12-Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in 'Continuous Almond' 
3) Eyeshadows: e.l.f. 18-Piece Eyeshadow Palette
4) Liner: Kat Von D Autograph Pencil Liner in 'Puro Amor'
5) L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in 'Blackest Black'

Lips

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick in 'Daringly Nude' (these are actually a new line of lipsticks in the Color Sensational line - so far I'm quite liking them! 😄)

💋xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10