11.05.2018

Witchy Inspiration: An Elphaba 'Unbecoming' Smokey Eye | MORPHE 'Boss Mood' Palette

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette
Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette
Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette

     Well hello all! Just when I thought my blog was at the point of being impossible to bring back from the dead (seriously, how much of a zombie could this blog possibly get? LOL!), I had it in mind to post the Wicked inspired eye makeup that I donned for Halloween night, after a day of having dressed up as Sherlock Holmes' wife, Mary Russell.

     Whilst looking through the Morphe display in Ulta about a month back, I immediately saw this palette, and thought, 'Yep, Elphie would wear these colors' and I just had a dapper little inkling-dinkling that this would be going home with me. This is my first Morphe purchase, and I have to say, I had pretty low expectations and buyer's remorse instantaneously, and I felt that guilty pang before I even checked out and paid for this palette! I thought, 'Why am I doing this? The quality is probably terrible,' and just negative thoughts of all sorts that I tend to associate with Morphe, as I overall see them as a pretty shady, negative brand, in retrospect of their behavior and business practices I've noticed in the past. While I think I love the color story of this 35M Boss Mood Palette moreso than most palettes in my collection, I do, however, think this will be my only Morphe purchase.

Morphe 35M Boss Mood

Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette
Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette
Morphe 35M Boss Mood Palette

Steps

1. Transition - On primed eyes (with no setting powder on my lids whatsoever - it's the best way I've found to use this formula), I blended and overlapped two of the murky yellow-toned greens in this palette rather high up above my crease. First, I used the more mustard green, 'Hello Sunshine' more on the outer half of my crease, and the slightly lighter (but a bit of a brighter lime green) 'Stroke of Luck' on the inner half of the crease, overlapping it slightly into the green on the outer corner. I find that by not setting my eye primer with a thin layer of translucent powder like I normally do, that's when these Morphe shadows really shine and the most of their pigment comes out to play.
2. The Outer Corner and Crease - Knowing that I wanted purple to be the central focus of this look, I blended a matte eggplant, 'Power Slayer' (this one is atrociously patchy, and needs to be packed on - definitely a dud in the palette, no bueno) into my outer third of the mobile lid space and softly blended the color inward right above the socket of my crease, going about half way in.
3. That Bright Magenta Purple Lid, Tho! - The star of this look is definitely that gorgeous, electrified mid-toned magenta purple nestled on the bottom row, called 'Grape Expectations'. This had amazingly saturated pigmentation and was best applied with my finger. No glitter glue was used.
4. Lower Lashline: Wash, Rinse Repeat - I mirrored the placement on the eyelid onto my bottom lashline. I also made use of a red eyeliner in my waterline that gave the look something special. For this, I used NYX Faux Black Eyeliner in 'Oxblood'. 
5. Liner & Lashes - NYX Matte Liquid Liner framed my upper lashline, and Essence Lash Princess Mascara. 


On My Cheeks

1. Highlight - Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in 'Felicity' (entirely too sparkly for daily use, so I decided the best time to wear this was Halloween)
2. Bronzer - Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder 
3. Blush - Milani 'Romantic Rose' Powder Blush

Voila! I've been changed for good!


🌟🌙Alright loves, feel free to link any creative and colorful looks you've done lately down in the comments section! I would love to see them! Take care. 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10