6.18.2015

40 Beauty Questions Tag | Barcelonista's Beauty Blog

     Today, I was skimming through some of the blogs that I follow, and remembered this tag from a while back when reading other people's beauty and skincare routines, and then realized: I haven't done a tag post yet! So hey, why not....this will be my tiny contribution to the already popular 40 Beauty Questions Tag! I already know....this post is going to be quite lengthy. I'll try not to get too wordy in my responses. If you haven't done this tag yet, definitely do so! If you like, you can also leave me a link to your responses so I can check it out! Let's get to it, shall we?

Skincare


How many times do you wash your face per day?
At least once, always in the evening. I sometimes do it in the morning, if I can make time.

What skin type do you have?
Dryyyyyy. All year round.

What is your current facial wash?
I've been using the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser for years, morning and night. It's a mild formula with a very light scent, and just....works. :)

Do you exfoliate?
Eeeeek. I wasn't for a while, no. But lately I've been using the Mario Badescu Glycolic Foaming Cleanser twice a week for the past few months, and so far it's been taking care of banishing flaky patches and buffing away the dead skin quite well.

What brand do you use?
I don't have a preferred brand of exfoliant.

What moisturizer do you use?
Daytime: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. Been using for 7+ years. Also great for when I used to have acne-prone skin. It has never clogged my pores. Still looking for something more hydrating though, as this doesn't really sink into the skin. I use this in conjunction with my Neutrogena sunblock for the face.
Night-time: Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream. Never thought much of Olay products in the past, but when I started using this, I didn't want to use anything else! I wake up the next morning, and my skin is super soft. Like, baby butt soft. Every time.

Do you have freckles?
I have a couple on my nose, and one above my mouth.

Do you use eye cream?
Yes. One from Olay. It's really quite useless, but hasn't given me an allergic reaction or irritated my skin or anything, so I'll use it up, but will never buy it again.

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I used to. Not anymore. I get occasional flare ups from time to time, but nothing nearly as bad as what I remember having. :/

Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ?
Nope.

Makeup


What foundation do you use?
The foundation I've been using is the Lancôme Teint Miracle in the shade 'Buff 4 (C)'. It's a tad too dark in the non-summer months, but I can work it out and doctor up the shade a bit with a mixer (MAC Face & Body 'White'). The Teint Miracle is probably the most skin-like foundation I've ever used. I tend to go with light to medium coverage foundations, and this is definitely a buildable light to medium one. I'll post a review very soon!

How about concealer?
For spot-concealing: Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer in 'Fair'
For undereyes: First, I use a corrector, and my product of choice is the Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream in the lightest shade. Second, I use a skintone concealer, and my personal favorite is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in 'Fair'.

Do you know your undertone color?
Yes, neutral leaning slightly yellow, with surface redness.

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
They're beautiful, and really take any makeup look to a whole new level. However, I haven't the slightest clue how to apply them. :/

Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
Rules, schmules. Haha most of the time, I throw mine out after 5 months, or if the scent seems a bit off. I usually only own two mascaras at a time, though, so don't really find this to be a problem, as I actually get the chance to use them up before they go bad (for the most part lol).

What brand of mascara do you use?
L'Oreal. That's pretty much it.

Sephora or MAC?
Neither! Ulta girl all the way! They have the best of both worlds, drugstore and high end! Haha ok, Sephora, if I had to choose.

Do you have a MAC Pro card?
No, I'm not a licensed makeup artist....yet. But when I get to that point:**Muahahaha**

What tools do you use in makeup application?
Q-tips, my phalanges, the Real Techniques sponge, and many brushes.

Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yep. Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

For the face?
I use the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser.

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
It's like asking a food lover to pick a favorite type of cuisine! Eeeek....I can't! Sorry!

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use both, but much prefer a potted gel/cream liner.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Oh goodness haha. I can't remember the last time. I know I've done it at least once. So, close to never. :P

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I love playing with them! I don't have much of a selection in my personal arsenal, just a few Fyrinnae and e.l.f. here and there, and a couple MAC ones. When I want to be a bit dramatic or if I am doing a look where I just want to make the eyes the main focus, I'll pull them out and play around.

Do you use mineral makeup?
No.

What is your favorite lipstick?
It changes constantly, but one of my favorites at the moment would be Lancôme Rouge In Love in 'Roses in Love.' The perfect brightening semi-glossy 'warm' strawberry pink. It somehow brings radiance to my complexion and face makeup. Haha sorry if that sounds a bit sensational, but I've just never encountered a lipstick like that before.
     Another favorite of mine is MAC's See Sheer. It's a very interesting coral, a rather unique one compared to other corals I own. Another brightening color that just makes me look ten times more awake.

How about lip gloss?
I have to sing the praises of NYX Butter Gloss (the original formula). So nourishing, non-sticky, and they tend to 'cling' and last longer than other drugstore ones I've tried. I don't have a favorite shade in particular, I love almost all the ones I've tried. :)

What is your favorite blush to use?
I'm really loving a warm red blush from Jordana Cosmetics called 'Apple Cheeks.' Another love is Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in 'Achiote.' It's a deeper apricot shade, but with very red tones.
Both are matte, and both last a ridiculously long time on the skin (however I will say that the Jordana one wears a bit better).

Do you buy your makeup on EBay?

Nope, never have. The only reason I would utilize Ebay or Amazon is if I wanted to test out a brand that's based outside of the U.S., and doesn't ship internationally.

Do you like drugstore makeup?
Love it! It makes up the majority of what I have! Though I wish there were wider varieties of cream products overall (cream blushes, cream bronzer, highlights, cream contour sticks, etc). And just more unique products that you can't really find in the U.S. drugstores (like duochrome shades, original, innovative packaging, more of a selection of brushes; hey, a girl can dream :D). The drugstore still has a little ways to go, in that respect. :)

Do you go to CCO's? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
I have never been to one, because there are none even remotely close to where I live.

Did you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I have taken a couple classes (it's what I'm looking to pursue an education in) and loved them! Looking to learn even more, as I have quite a ways to go!

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Eh....sometimes? Maybe if I'm in a rush. I usually mess up with eyeliner; if my hand is the least bit shaky, the liner is the first thing that can take an otherwise decently applied makeup look from fab to drab for me. :P

Name a makeup crime you hate?
Cakeface. Nothing worse.

Do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I love both equally! ;-)

Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Eh, I don't really pay attention, to be honest. I pay more attention to runway looks, editorial, and FX Stage makeup tips and photos to get my inspiration. Haven't seen a celebrity's makeup and thought 'Wow! That makeup is off....the....chain!'

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
A bit of concealer.

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Oh yes. If I don't have to go to work or school that day, rather.

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Yes, if my skin is behaving.

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
I haven't used enough of any higher end brand to make this sort of claim for, so I'm going to have to go with NYX on this one. Most variety, affordable price, has duds just like any other brand, but I feel like the quality control is the most well rounded, and the least sporadic of any other drugstore brand I've tried.

What do you think of makeup?
It can lead to pure and utter catastrophe if taken too seriously. :P A person really shouldn't base their entire existence around it (except for, well, makeup artists, in a way lol). I view it as an art form with an endless plethora of possibilities, and is just an enhancement of already-existing beauty. Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10