2.15.2018

My Valentine's Day Makeup: Glowy Skin, Sparkly Red Eyeliner & Matte Red Lips

My Valentine's Day Makeup: Glowy Skin, Sparkly Red Liner & Matte Red Lips
Happy Thursday to everyone, and oh! Better yet: happy post-Valentine's Day! Hope you had a wonderful day with all your loved ones! Now bust out ya chocolates and ya makeup brushes, everyone! It's a V-Day makeup look! Eh, one day late, no less, but...nothing wrong with that! After taking priority of practicing Seitz' Concerto No 2 Op 13 yesterday (and today) over blogging my V-Day look I wore yesterday... phew, at long last, I'm getting this posted! Before I went out today, I was able to catch the sun and get better lighting for better pictures of the products I used. 😀 

This post will be a breakdown of the products I used for this quick and simple, somewhat effortless Valentine's Day look! If you'd like a wee bit of a spoiler, most of what I used is Colourpop. 😊 A gorgeous red winged liner paired with a warm hazy caramel-toned eye makeup and a plush bright matte red lip (yeeeaaah, I was going to take pictures on my Canon, but I'm so out of the blogging loop, that between my last blog post and now, I've since somehow managed to misplace my SD card, and had to use my phone to take all of these pics. Thus, the eye makeup looks a lot muddier than it would have if I had taken the pics with my actual camera).My Valentine's Day Makeup: Glowy Skin, Sparkly Red Liner & Matte Red Lips
My Valentine's Day Makeup: Glowy Skin, Sparkly Red Liner & Matte Red Lips

The Face Products

MAC Blushbaby, Too Faced Milk Chocolate, Soph X Makeup Revolution Highlighting Palette
Foundation & Complexion Products: I only took pictures of the color products I used, but for my foundation, I'm trying to use up my L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow in 'Classic Ivory' so I can phase it out soon. For undereye concealer, I used my Skinfood No. 2 Salmon Corrector, along with my newfound love, the cruelty-free Lottie London Got It Covered Concealer in 'Porcelain.'
Blush: MAC Blushbaby
Bronzer: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzing Powder
Highlight: This is one of only 3 highlighting kits I own, and it's a recent addition, so I'm still testing it out. So far, I'm quite fond of the variation of finishes and formulas in this palette. It's the Makeup Revolution Soph X Highlighting Palette, and by the way it's positioned upside-down in this picture, I'm using the beautiful pale golden champagne beige in the bottom left corner. The shades in this palette are so scrumptious, and more than satisfy my highlighter craving. I needed to add just a few shades to my collection that I didn't previously own, and this palette did it.

The Eye Products

NYX & Colourpop Eyeshadows - Valentine's Day Makeup
NYX & Colourpop Eyeshadows - Valentine's Day Makeup
L-R: NYX Perfect Filter Eyeshadow Palette in 'Rustic Antique', Colourpop Supershock Pigment in 'Fooling Around', & Colourpop X Sonya Esman 'Gemini By Night' Eyeshadow Collection
Colourpop Supershock Pigment in 'Fooling Around'Colourpop 'Fooling Around' made this Valentine's Day look what it is! This is what was responsible for the sparkly red winged liner...

Essence Volume Stylist 18Hr Lash Extension Mascara w/ Lengthening Fibers
Essence Volume Stylist 18Hr Lash Extension Mascara w/ Lengthening Fibers

How-To: As far as eyeshadow application goes, I really didn't do anything special. I just took the one transition shade in the NYX palette (the middle shade in the top row), followed by a similar toned shade in the same palette (the peachier caramel matte in the bottom row, with tons of gold sparkle suspended throughout). I focused this shade in the outer third of the lid, along with the mattes in the Colourpop palette in the crease, and also from the Colourpop palette, the satin shade called 'Hidden Hills', another lovely warm peachy caramel with slight shimmer, was applied in the center of the lid.

For the red liner, I finished with an angled liner brush, water, and applied the beautiful sparkly red Colourpop Supershock shadow onto my lashline, by way of pressing the product into the skin, rather than swiping. As far as the eyes, that's a wrap! 😄

Lips

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in 'Creeper'
Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in 'Creeper'

Well, it's off to the graveyard shift I go! Bye, everyone! Take care! 


Love,

Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10