8.19.2017

2 Beloved (and Underrated!) Beauty Items that were No Small Feat to Finish | Empties

     Salve! Sorry, I'm a beginner at Latin, and know very few other greetings. 😅 So, sometimes beauty items cross our paths that we immediately develop an undying love for, and we either deliberately savor these items with the full intent of not using them up more quickly than products we just merely have a liking for, and sometimes these beloved products themselves have characteristics that actually make them rather difficult to finish up, even though we do love using them. The items displayed above are two items that exemplify the latter reasoning for me: one, an Oscar de la Renta eau de parfum, the other a salmon-toned correcting concealer from the wonderful Korean brand, Skinfood.

     That said, this isn't a typical empties post, because make no mistake, I've finished many a mascara in the past few months, a blushcreme, as well as my beloved Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Nurturing Skincare Oil I've been stocking up on every time I find myself in Whole Foods (which isn't that often). So these two products mentioned in this post are by no means the only products I've used up within the past few months - they're simply products I've had (and have used every day) for quite a while, around two years, in fact. And both of these products I love, and will repurchase one day, each have characteristics which amounted to finishing them as no small feat whatsoever. Check below to find out why!

Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream in 

'01 Salmon Blooming'

     The first item was the concealer that seemingly never ended (Skinfood is quite generous with their product portions with this concealer, and I do hope they don't downsize this container - ok, take an average corrector like, say, Bobbi Brown, multiply the product amount by 7, and that's what you get here; it honestly took ages to finish this). With daily use, I believe this took me a bit more than 2 years to finish. Edit: Just checked, and I featured this concealer in my very first blog post back in April 2014! 

     Very emollient, very hydrating, and the coverage is light-to-medium. Now that Skinfood has made their grand entrance into mainstream beauty and they have skincare that is now available at Ulta in the states, hopefully they introduce their makeup products to the company one day soon, simply so that people can find this concealer and realize how wonderfully underrated this is! I think it would be a good idea for Skinfood to introduce their under-eye color correcting and skincare products first to the mainstream U.S. market, as they are a superb value for the amount of product you're getting and the beautifully rich, creamy emollient formula it yields, and they will certainly be a force to be reckoned with as far as comparisons to other correctors on the market! 

This Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Corrector is offered in three shades, and I've tried the first two. I ordered Shade 1 and Shade 2 simultaneously on roseroseshop.com, as they were only $8 at the time, and there weren't many swatches of these online at the time, so didn't know which would be best for me. I finished 01 first, and am now making my way through the medium toned shade 02. I will definitely be repurchasing this lightest shade soon!

Oscar de la Renta 'Live in Love' Eau de Parfum

    Gaze upon this bottle, and see the sheer beauty it beholds! Yes, this other was an extremely potent eau de parfum floral from the coveted Oscar de la Renta. I'm honestly not used to eau de parfums, as I lean more towards EDTs - given that, I had to use this quite sparingly, as it could turn from smooth and blended to a bit too sharp very quickly if I sprayed even once extra from the bottle - just a dab on the wrists, and once on the neck, got me about six hours of wear, which is quite long, considering that this is a wonderful, light (but lively) angelic summer floral number, which got me many a nice compliment. 😄 

     The lily-of-the-valley and hyacinth notes were very refreshing and lent beautiful contributions to the lovely composition of femininity this fragrance brings forth. Highly underrated from Oscar de la Renta's wardrobe, in my opinion. I've been scouring TJ's and Marshall's all over my city (which is where I originally found this) to score another bottle, and the search was to no avail. I'd rather not purchase online and pay shipping, so perhaps this perfume and I will cross paths again one day!

That's all for now! Happy Saturday, everyone, and have a wonderful Sunday! 

- Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10