5.13.2014

Things I Bought: ULTA & Milani Cosmetics

       Hey everyone!  In my neck of the woods, life has been pretty crazy as of lately, and my schedule for my blog posts has been pushed back, as I'm in the midst of packing up and moving (the news for this, which is actually good news, came to me out of nowhere). Therefore, due to inadequate lighting and settings, I haven't had the opportunity to take any pictures, and am now working with what pictures were already uploaded onto my computer, before the moving began. Alright, I think I've blabbed enough, yes? You already know what this post is all about! Now let's get on to the pretties!
     This purchase was from the beginning of April, and I made orders through the Ulta and Milani websites. I'm not sure of the availability of these items at the moment, although I know that the Milani blushes are limited edition. I must say, I went a little crazy for LORAC eyeshadows this time around... 😁

LORAC Cosmic Collection

LORAC Cosmic Collection, $32
        There were a few LORAC value sets on Ulta's website that were in the $30-$36 price range, and it's been a while since I bought one of these nice little kits. This one appealed to me the most because the only product in here that isn't full-sized is the mascara! Included in this beautiful kit are three full-sized eyeshadow singles in the shades Pewter, Dreamy, and Moonstone, a LORAC Pro Powder Cheek Stain in the shade 'Petal Pink,' a Lips with Benefits Lip Gloss in the shade 'Ben,' and a mini Multiplex 3D Lashes Mascara. This kit was a great buy at $32, and I've gotten very much use out of it since I purchased it.

LORAC AfterGLO Eyeshadow Palette

 Milani Limited Edition 2014 Rose Powder Blushes


LORAC AfterGLO Eyeshadow Palette

LORAC AfterGLO Eyeshadow Palette, $24, available at ULTA


Milani Limited Edition 2014 Rose Powder Blushes

Milani Limited Edition 2014 Rose Powder Blushes, $7.99, milanicosmetics.com
 Top left: Love Potion, Top right: Tea Rose, Bottom: Lady Rouge

     There are four shades in this Milani Rose Blush collection, and I purchased three of those four. The picture above isn't the best representation of their true colors, and it was taken indoors with flash. The pictures also don't accurately represent the sheer size  of these blushers! You get a whopping .60 oz. each with these! I haven't played around with them much yet, but you will see more of these on my blog in the future!

Maybelline Color Sensational The Buffs Lipsticks


NYX Butter Glosses in 'Vanilla Cream Pie' and 'Merengue'

     I must say, I almost didn't buy into the hype that is still constantly surrounding the NYX Butter Glosses and lipsticks. I still have not tried the lipsticks, and I don't think I will, because the packaging just looks a bit too cheap for my taste. However, the Butter Glosses, I must say, are BOMBflippinDIGGITY! Worth every single penny I paid for them. I will, without question, buy more of these. My consensus on them without going into a full review here, will start with a question: Can these glosses hold their own in terms of pigmentation, and be worn alone, without a lipstick? I'm a person with naturally very pigmented lips, and my answer to that is a definite YES ! I don't know what I can say about these gorgeous glosses that hasn't already been said, but I'll throw in yet another review for them very soon!
      There aren't many things I don't love about the Got2B hair care line, especially their Smooth Operator collection (which, much to my heartbreaking dismay, I hear they are discontinuing). I am in absolute love  with the Smooth Operator Cashmere Hairspray, which I cannot find anymore, so I picked up their Smooth Operator Lustre Lotion Leave-In Conditioner and Rise 'n' Shine Studio Size Hairspray. I like the hold of this hairspray and how little build-up it leaves behind, but nothing can hold a candle to Smooth Operator Cashmere. Nothing.
       Since Maybelline was having a BOGO deal on their entire line, I doubled up on my HG-for-three-years undereye concealer from the drugstore, which is their Fit Me Concealer, particularly in the shade #15, which is the lightest shade. 

 Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below!


💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10