1.24.2017

Fragrance Wardrobe Wishlist #1, If Only in My Dreams....

Perfumes I Want
My Perfume Desires/Wishlist
Top Row: Burberry Brit Rhythm For Her EDT | Guerlain Nahema Extrait de Parfum
Bottom Row: Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita EDT | Dior Poison EDT


     Hello my dears! Here I have a wishlist including some of my most fragrant desires, ones I think really portray what ticks the boxes of my already peculiar olfactory senses (as, I admit, these are four fragrances that could not be more different from each other if they tried!), and I'll have an honorable mention or two at the end as well! These are perfumes that I imagine reaching the depths of my soul, inspiring me with their distinctive, abstract (yet a hopeful harmonious!) blend of notes, and leave me yearning to call myself the proud owner and wearer of all of them one day.

Yes, you can call me ambitious, but for the most part, even fragrance brands sold in U.S. Sephora just don't really seem to inspire me or really knock my socks off when I test them, save for a few exceptions (like the Dior and Burberry above). And, well, Lolita Lempicka is a French fashion designer, and her fragrance bottle designs and the concoction of notes seem like straight out of a whimsical, star-studded adventurous fairy tale filled with allusions to the works of Vincent Van Gogh, with the characters being snow sprites, nymphs, and little woodland creatures. Unique is an understatement, and that's an amazing thing to boot!

Only once upon a time did I own one of these fragrances for a brief period, and only one other have I at least had the chance to test out to see if it works with my chemistry (which it does!). The one that I owned many moons ago was Burberry Brit Rhythm Eau de Toilette, and the one I sampled was Dior Poison Eau de Toilette (though I've heard the Extrait de Parfum is eons better, which only makes sense, but like many extraits, it can only be found in Dior Boutiques and landmark Fragrance Houses, as far as my knowledge goes, which may not be much).

The other two on my list, Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Eau de Toilette and Guerlain Nahema Extrait de Parfum are simply forbidden lusts from afar (they really are, since Guerlain's Extraits aren't available anywhere online, and there is not a single bottle of this being sold anywhere in the state in which I live; I would have to drive all the way up to New York to a Guerlain Boutique just to purchase a bottle. Nahema Extrait is known as being the most masterfully crafted, smoothest green, sparklingly aldehydic, rose-accord fragrance, which was the goal of Jean-Paul Guerlain when he was creating it! I really hope it's not discontinued, because it's still listed on the Guerlain website). As for Lolita Lempicka, well, she is French, and sure, I have French ancestry on my dad's side, but that doesn't mean I've ever been there lol, so I sadly can't experience her lovely perfumes in person. If only....

Let me know what some of your favorite fragrances are! Do you like to purchase yours discounted from reputable sources, or would you rather go to the department store/boutique and pay full price for assurance of authenticity? Have you tried any of these mentioned above? 


Additional, Honorable Mentions for My Wishlist!

Comme des Garcones Series 5: Sherbet Peppermint Eau de Toilette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10