7.04.2015

Metallic Copper Smokey Eyes & Red Lips

     Hello everyone!  So, before it's brought up, let me just go ahead and say that I realize this makeup look is a bit - autumnal? Haha don't worry, I already know that nothing about the smokiness of this eye makeup or the red lips scream 'summertime!' to me either, but....I digress. These unseasonal rainy, cloudy and cold summer days have really been changing up my makeup game, in regards to what tones I wear, y'know? And an enthusiastic 'huzzah!'  to my blush color actually somewhat  showing up this time in photos! Whoooo! 🙌😎😌

     Since I'm apparently still really terrible at remembering to create step-by-step 'pictorials' instead of just having to resort to 'FOTD' posts after everything is said and done, this is going to be yet another FOTD, with instructions on color placement in the product breakdown below. :) The eyes are centered around Urban Decay's Chopper, a beautiful sparkly copper eyeshadow from the NAKED 2 palette, paired with a saucy matte red lip. Alright dolls, here we go!

Eyes

Urban Decay Naked 2, Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Matte

L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel

1) Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
2) Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Branded' as base for mobile lid (not pictured)
3) Urban Decay NAKED 2 (shades used: Chopper applied as mobile lid color, leaving the outer third of the lid blank in order for the crease colors applied later to retain their matte appearance, and NOT mix in with the shimmer and glitter that's in this coppery shade, and Bootycall as an inner corner highlight)
4) Sonia Kashuk Eye On Neutral Matte Eyeshadow Palette (shades used: last shade in the 2nd row applied as transition color, blended into the upper crease and blended in slightly more inward than usual, to create a more rounded shape in the crease, 1st shade in the 3rd row (a warm reddened brown) applied and blended solely in the outer third of the crease, then blended into the outer third of the blank mobile lid, and also smudged into outer two thirds of lower lashline)
5) Liner: MAC Fluidline in 'Wholesome' on the top lashline...with a wiiiing :)
6) L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Rock Mascara in 'Blackest Black' applied to top and bottom lashes
7) Brows: L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper Brow Gel (I have to say I'm quite loving this stuff!)

Cheeks & Lips

MAC Blushbaby, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam
Cheeks: MAC Blushbaby
Lips:  NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Amsterdam'


Have a great 4th of July, everyone! Until next time!

💋 xoxo-Cailee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10