1.06.2015

My Beauty New Year's Resolutions

      I have to say it: 2014 zapped by like an angry fly. It was the year I decided to join in on the fun & fast-paced world of beauty blogging, and let me just say: just because I realize that it's fast paced, does not in any way mean that this girl has been able to keep up. Far from it, actually. Hey, I could even put that on my list of resolutions!
     There are a decent number of goals I would like to achieve in this new year. Let's just be real here, I probably won't adhere to half of them. 😁 I will say, though, that I'm the type of person who doesn't really like to wait until a certain time to start, as I've learned over the years to begin the process of achievement in baby steps as soon as God decides to plant that idea in my mind.

     That being said, I decided to make a list of realistic and attainable beauty resolutions for myself for this year and on.


  Train to be a Makeup Master - Thought I'd start the list off with a bang. I would love to ship myself in a cardboard box and end up in front the Academy of Makeup Arts in Nashville, I really would. This will definitely be a challenging one, and I'd like to say that the only thing holding me back is myself, but in the end, there are other factors involved at the moment, the biggest one being the 12-month lease on my apartment, which just so happens to be only 3 months in.

  Shop the Stash - Really, now, it's a blessing that we're adventurous about the whole beauty thing, and some of us just take a nose-dive into our experimentation, and we're trying new crap...ALL.THE.TIME. I'm in the beginning stages of implementing a process for myself that really sounds simple, but if you love beauty products as much as I do, it seems to be a work-in-progress. In the past, and even now, I haven't 'shopped my stash' in the sense of rediscovering items I didn't know I had or forgot I had, because that right there equates to someone having a larger collection than they can grasp, and mine is nowhere near the point where I feel like it's out of control....yet. Eeek, I hope it doesn't get to that point. :/ I pretty much know what I have, and what I don't need, and my main goal is to simply use up more of the products I already own.

  Amp Up the Color - Don't fear to go bold. Now that my skin is back in somewhat decent condition, now would be the perfect opportunity for me to put this to practice.

  Invest More into Skincare - This is probably a no-brainer to many, but I'm one of the guilty ones who was just constantly lost in all the hoopla of new makeup trends, and I failed to put my skin first. Now, skincare is a top priority for me. I was always hesitant, maybe even a bit lazy, when I thought of the research I had to do to find a brand of skincare, because I've always been cheap when it comes to my skincare.

     Well, I've gotten to that age where it's imperative to start realizing what my skin needs, and the truth of the matter is that my skin has expensive taste.....that my money can't afford. I was hoping to grow old, only having to rely on Neutrogena cleanser, coconut oil, and Cetaphil moisturizing cream and it working perfectly for me for 80+ years. Now I realize, it's a luxury to have skin that is that accepting. Even now, in my early 20s, I know that crap isn't cutting the mustard anymore, because I can feel changes in my skin that I didn't feel two years ago. Sounds crazy, I know, but I know it will be more rewarding in the long run to put the time into doing research, because, heck, it probably won't have to be an expensive skincare line at all, maybe my skin will compromise with my bank account, and I may just have to go all organic or something...who knows?

What are YOUR beauty resolutions for 2015? Let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I read, appreciate, and try to reply to each one!
In an effort to improve blog content for my readership, so that I can blog about things you actually want to see, I approve comments as long as they are genuine! Blog links are welcome, but no spam, please. Leave any feedback or questions you have about the content you're commenting on - and oh! You can also email me at barcelonista1221@gmail.com

01 09 10